Exit

export different image overlays on the same series of pictures

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I'm looking for a solution for the following desired result:

lets say that I have 50 pictures that I want to send to a client. For those 50 pictures, I want to overlay them with a .png that I made in which some graphics and text are displayed. I want to do this 4 times, 4 times a different png. 

How I do this now: I made an action with place embedded, selected the .png, and run the action through the image processor. I need to manually run this action 4 times, rename the folder "JPEG" every time and zip it. 

I want to at least automate the running of the 4 actions. Is there a solution? 

(1 action consisting of these 4 actions combined does not work, the last action overwrites the previous 3) 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's any number of "watermark" scripts out there, so perhaps you can find something that suits your scenario and if not it might be a simple case of smartening up your action with conditionals or duplicating the base action four times, add the necessary save operations to different folders and using the different overlay images and reference it in a fifth "über action". People often seem to forget that they can reference actions in other actions to mnake their life easier...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but with the action in an action all get overwritten except the last one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option would be the Image Processor Pro script:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/ImageProcesso...

This script can process up to 10 different "sets" in a single run, so your 4 actions are easily covered.

P.S. This should be possible via Automate/Batch, with a parent action playing the 4 child actions saving to separate folders as suggested by @Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the link, i'll check it. 
I don't believe I had the option to choose the folder for actions, it always names it 'jpeg'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things didn't go to plan, I had to run the Automate/Batch once for each overlay.

The action setup:

action.png

The Batch setup:

batch.png

I tested with just two overlays (A & B) with six base images to overlay over.

files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it with the Image Processor Pro script.

The action only has the place command for the overlay A or B, the IPP script will handle the saving so this is removed from the action:

action.png

Here is the Image Processor Pro setup to run the two different overlay actions in a single pass, saving to a single output folder with unique filenames (there are other options, such as saving to sub-folders with a unique name):

IPP-anim.gif

Finally, here is the output and folder setup:

ipp-files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I wanted to come back to this topic because this worked perfectly! Adobe sould come standard with a tool like this! 
Thank you so much for your reply and your help!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please remember to mark the correct answer as such. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines