Exit

Export Preferences - "Export As Location" options produce reverse outcomes

Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop CC2021 release 22.5.1

Windows 10

I go to File > Export > Export Preferences...

Under "Export As Location" I choose "Export assets to the location of the current document"

I hit OK.

I Open a PSD and choose File > Export > Quick Export as...

(I've tried exporting both PNG and JPG)

The result is that Photoshop will open the "Save As..." dialog ready to save the file to the last location used rather than the lcoation of the current document.

This seems to be a bug introduced recently because I had been using this regularly and saving to location of current document worked fine until maybe a couple of months ago, or so.

I'm intereste to know if others are able to replicate this bug.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install the latest version (Photoshop 2022 v23.0.1) does it work as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Using Photoshop 2023 (v.24) - the issue is still happening. I just tested it now.

Created folder named "myFolder". Placed a JPG in folder "myFolder". Set Export Preferences to "Export assets to the location of the current document".

Opened the JPG in folder A. 

In the main menu chose File > Export... > Export As...

In the Export As dialog clicked on "Export" button.

A "Save As... " window appeared and the path set for save location was not folder "myFolder" but rather the path was some other folder to where I previously exported to earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior. When I follow the steps you list, my Save As dialog is in "myFolder".

Could you do a screen recording demonstrating the behavior, so I can see all steps to make sure we aren't missing anything? Just do the exact steps you list above. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @A_omry. You mention the Preference setting "Export assets to the location of the current document". This setting only applies to using Export As. This is different and separate from Quick Export. The settings of one do not change the behavior of the other. Quick Export has a similar option near the top of the Preferences called "Export files to an assets folder next tot the current document". This is not the default setting. Instead, you probably still have "Ask where to export each time" selected, which will exhibit the behavior you have described. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett,

I'm referring to the File > Export... > Export As...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, in your original post you mention Quick Export, so that is what I went with.

I Open a PSD and choose File > Export > Quick Export as...

By @A_omry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're right! Sorry for confusing...

In all honesty, original post is from over a year ago, and I don't even remember what I did exactly.

So I tested it now again, after seeing Jeffery, and your replies. And this time I used "Export as..."

Obviously I used an older version of Photoshop then, so this seems to be happening across versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines