• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Save For Web (Legacy ) suddenly not working - Windows 10, Photoshop Version 25.11.0

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop since the 1990's and the Save For Web function is critical to my work. For several years now this was made a "legacy" function, thus I use the Alt + Shift + Ctrl + S keys to "export" for web.

Last week this worked fine, today nothing happens when I either use those keys or select the File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy) function.

This is not good. I use this function ALL. THE. TIME.

Would really appreciate help on this!! THANKS.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FloridaGal it's working for me with both the shortcut and going to file > export > save for web, with Photoshop version 25.11 on Windows 11

Have you tried manually resetting your Photoshop preferences
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Remember to back up your settings before doing the preference reset
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works for me as well, so the problem is likely local to the OP's machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both for the input, very much appreciated. I restarted Photoshop and it worked fine but I've done that a couple of times now, in other words it's a bit flaky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Seems like something going on with my OS. I'll try resetting preferences, thanks for those instruction links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with latest version on Windows 11 (fresh install of both). Need to restart PS to bring the function back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up: I've been doing some tests and will report back but basically I'm finding if I open Photoshop first, then open the file I want to save for web, the function works fine. It seems like if I double click a file to open it (rather than opening Photoshop first) that's when the function doesn't work. Please note that I haven't tested enough files to confirm this is the case, I'm just saying it seems to be that way. Will report more when I'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW - having worked with this for a few days, I can confirm that when I double click to open a file from a folder in File Explorer instead of using File > Open within Photoshop, that is when then commands do not work. I have to open Photoshop first, then use its commands to open the file and then Save for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines