• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Artboards Shows White Background

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can help me understand what I'm doing wrong!

I made some designs on artboards and exported them in JPG format. When I open them individually, the format is correct (1920x1080) but when I combine the artboards into a PDF using Preview (mac) they show a white background on the top and bottom as if it was a full page. 

When I am in the export portion of PS, it shows me the transparent background on the top and bottom as well. I'm trying to figure out how to export JUST the artboard so that there is no background on the top and bottom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of the settings used in the Export > Artboards to Files... menu would help, however, you should probably explore the Artboards to PDF option that can create a multi-page PDF without having to go through Apple Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just a quick reminder--jpgs do not support transparency. You are probably seeing the white background in Preview because of that--Preview is interpreting the jpg to be white. As Stephen mentioned, it would help us if you could show a screen shot of your Export settings. Also, what are your pdf settings? Are you seeing the top and bottom because your size is 1920 x 1080 but the pdf is set to a letter size? If you could show us a screenshot of your pdf settings that would help too.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my export settings. Not sure why it's doing that. I've also
exported in both PNG and JPG format yet I still get those white borders on
the top and bottom.[image: Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 11.26.23 AM.png]

--
Best,

*Miguel Gutierrez*Founder, Why Collective
707.695.3494 || whycollective.co

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel,

For some reason, the screenshot did not get uploaded--can you upload it again? 

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more thought--a regulat PDF (not an interactive pdf) is usually for print and uses print settings. What are you using these screens for? The size tells me they are for video? What is your objective in putting them in a PDF? If it is for print, then try saving them out using Print format files. If this is saved as a print PDF then the white that you are seeing is its interpretation of the paper (white) background.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you select "Export Artboards to Files", you have to make sure to deselect "Include Background in Export" (see below). For good measure, I also deselected "Export Options" bc it has the option for choosing the artboard name color and background color. Many years late, but hope it helps someone still finding this search like I did!

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 11.48.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also very late - but the export settings doesn't take into account that in the >Properties panel - you need to select the >Transparent option under the menu "Artboard background colour". Remember to select each artboard and adjust the property. Not just in the export windows, otherwise you'll still be exporting with the white frame around it.

(sees creenshot)

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 10.34.44 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JPEG does not support transparency. Try PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines