• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting data set to files keep saving as

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been exporting data sets to files for a longtime and it has always worked withot a glitch. Hundreds of iles will save automatically without intervention.

Now it has started to ask a name for every single file (as  SAVE AS) which is quite frustating since I have huge data sets and cannot be naming evey single one of them. I have tried eveything , even resetting all photoshop preferences, but I cannot figure out how to save all files automatically again

Any help woudl be appreciated

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Save As a Copy might be right in hindsight as the working file stays open and active while creating the merged copies. How are the previous dialogs filled out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I am on an Intel machine, Legacy save did not work, but I noticed that
there is an option to "save as to original folder", disabling this did the
trick.
Odd since I did not touch it before photoshop updating to latest version

Thanks anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can not replicate your problem 24.0.1. Hovewer, there are problems with data sets. I can not use pixel replacement variable, app is crashing all the time or displaying error "could not find replacement file".

There was my mistake while testing. I do not see any problem when exporting, 

Checking/unchecking Save as to original folder from Preferences > File Handling does not make any difference. I am on windows 11 running latest 24.0.1 photoshop.

save as to original folder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines