Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting images at different scales causes white pixel gaps

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version: 23.1.1

My images are 1366 x 768. Exporting at 0.75x scale causes their width to round up to 1025px, which adds an single white pixel gap at the edge of the exported images. Instead of normal rounding, this calculation should round down to the nearest integer (floor) to prevent the white gaps.

-I've tried changing the image and canvas size to 1024px, and exporting at 1x scale

-I've tried increasing the artboard sizes by 1px (1367), and then doing the same

These workarounds change the results slightly, but do not fix the underlying problem

- I Can't even export with legacy since it ignores artboards

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1366 x .75 = 1024.5. We will definitely round up on such math. We also generally err on the side of keeping/generating new information rather than cutting/losing information.

While I do get a slight lightening of edge pixels (only visible when zooming in all the way), I haven't gotten a noticbly white line from my testing. I'm guessing there is something about the content of your file which is making this happen. Would you be able to share the file so I could take a look? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the exact same file I originally had this issue with, it seems to have been adressed in 23.2, or else something changed on my end since then. I will reply to this thread if it comes up agian. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had a number of fixes with the latest update, so it is good to hear that this may have been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines