• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extension manager a waste of time

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that any extension, plug in or filter that were once part of Photoshop are now extra paid add ons which once paid for either cannot be opened in the Extension Manager or if they can do not work at all.
My Extension Manager for the Pencilize filter comes up with this nonsense.

Capture.JPG

But then it gets better,
There is another option to download some other risky third party Extension Manager called Anastasiy’s Extension Manager.

In spite of the warning windows to not open this file you need to click on the .exe file to install. But that is twice as useless as the picture shows.Capture2.JPG

As if anyone would have the foggiest idea what sort of rubbish that is supposed to mean, after repeated installation attempts the Pencilize extension appears in Photoshop under Windows > Extension menu.
Eureka, success? not so fast. When I go to apply the plugin to an image it opens the Filter Gallery Charcoal Filter! which I already have!

Completely ripped off!

Spend another hour on help and support and there is no phone no. to recover my money.

Just tutorials to add further insult to the huge lost productivity time that has come to be part of the Adobe experience.

and this is just the tip of the iceberg

I doubt whether Ill ever see any refund but it should serve as a warning to buyer beware for any of these Filters or Addon Stock. .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

The function of the extension manager has been moved into the Creative cloud Desktop Application in Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud subscription software.  The extension manager still exist as a separate application for CS6 version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The function of the extension manager has been moved into the Creative cloud Desktop Application in Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud subscription software.  The extension manager still exist as a separate application for CS6 version of Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines