Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eyedropper (alt key) is getting stuck..

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2016 Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi..

I am having this problem of my alt key (which is eyedropper hotkey by default ) is getting stuck or holding on to eyedropper function even if i am releasing my alt key.... so can u help its annoying and its also breaking my workflow....

i reset my preset and also reinstalled my PS cs6..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac wacom cintiq users-

got the wacom sticking mod key bug in photoshop? remove the wacom driver using the wacom utility in the applications folder (but don't delete your prefs) then reinstall the drivers. then FORCE QUIT INSTALLER AND DONT REBOOT.

it’ll work mostly ok until you reboot, then you’ll have to repeat the remove, reinstall. or until wacom fix their drivers (ha, only joking, can you imagine?!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had the same issues with the new Intuos Pro. Today an update was available which fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to PS or Wacom driver?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom had the update...
I updated via the Wacom Desktop Centre software to 6.3.22-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ginderdeer!

I've got a few other wonky issues too. Hopefully they have fixed those too. Wacom has really slid over the years. I'm looking for alternatives, though I'm not sure there are any...yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. They've made no useful improvements since my first one (Intuos 2 perhaps). I wish I had the one with the little screens next to each key and physical buttons (#4).
I'm going to look in to using an iPad Pro with the app AstroPad. YouTubers are singing its praises, I have my reservations but as we've seen even the "professional" choice: Wacom has it's issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do make use of the express keys. They help.

I may try AstroPad too. But I don't like looking down at the tablet. I prefer looking straight at the screen for ergonomic reasons. I'd also miss the express keys.

Mostly I find their drivers to be buggy and the tech support used to be the best and now is far from that.

Thanks, again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem with sticking Alt and Ctrl keys in PS CC. Downloading the newest driver from Wacom seems to have solved it.

Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My color picker dialog slipped off screen somehow, and I I just did a (Windows key  + arrow button) to move it back on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines