Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feather command

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an action set which involves feathering. For some reason I get this warning..

The command “Feather” is not currently available.

How do I reactivate feather which is much needed in this action set.

Thank you,

Hélène

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

When you see error message just click Stop and Photoshop should expand action which you are playing and highlight step at which problem occurred. Look at previous steps and what they are doing to find why action is failing. It is guess that some selection is not created in previous steps. Look at a couple of previous steps - what they should do and play them individually (Ctrl + double click on step). This may help you to figure out where is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action may a have fail to make a selection that can be feathered. Without seeing the Action and document all we can do is give you some guesses as to what is going on.  The problem may be with the document not the action.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, thank you Bojan,

Most helpful!

What needed at the Feather component, was that I clicked "stop" when photoshop gave me the warning of this command is not available. Then pressed (command "a") to select all then pressed the action again. Perfect,

Many kind thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's difficult to recognize your problem but in this case I'm almost sure you have no selection in your document. Or the selection is too small. Chcck your action, step by step and check if you have valid selection before this step of feathering

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you see error message just click Stop and Photoshop should expand action which you are playing and highlight step at which problem occurred. Look at previous steps and what they are doing to find why action is failing. It is guess that some selection is not created in previous steps. Look at a couple of previous steps - what they should do and play them individually (Ctrl + double click on step). This may help you to figure out where is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines