• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File cannot be opened because permissions are missing.

New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Studio
macOS 12.3.1
PS 23.3.1

The following error message appears when opening images:
«Could not open "XYZ.tif" because the file is locked, you do not have the appropriate access rights or another program is accessing the file.»
The files are on a server in the network. The user has admin-rights and it works fine on other computers in the network. I can duplicate, rename, move and delete files in the Finder. Preview and other programs open the files without problems or error messages. Only Photoshop refuses to open due to missing access rights. The error has already appeared before and was fixed by creating a new user on the mac. Now, three weeks later, the same problem is back.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Those issues are common if you work with network volumes. I prefer to work with the file locally and then, copy it to the volume.

You can try adding Photoshop on Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Marlon

Thanks for the hint about disk access rights. Sounds logical. Unfortunately, even after a restart it did not solve the problem.

It looks like Photoshop is denying access. All other programs, even other Adobe programs, have access to the data. I also have full access and rights via the «Finder».

Does anyone have another idea?
Thanks very much.

PS: Now i updated to PS 23.3.2 without fixing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines