• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File name and extension highlight when saving on macOS 10.15 Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After last updates (Osx Catalina and CC 2020), when the save window appear, the focus, highlite, is on all the file name and extension instead only the filename. I suspect the issue is related to Catalina, but I ask if anyone has noticed the same thing. My working speed is affected and I would like to know if anyone has a solution to ensure that only the file name is highlighted (in save and export).
Thank you

Schermata 2019-11-13 alle 20.38.45.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

I have no solution for the highlighting, but if you save the image the extension will be attached in the proper way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this has been fixed with Monterey 12.1 and up. It wan't Adobe, it's Apple. If you're stuck on Catalina I feel sorry for you because I couldn't stand Apple Mail in Catalina. (no columns) They fixed that in the next OS and also the highlight name when you save. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again...negative. This has not been fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Monterey 12.1 and Photoshop CC 2021 22.1.1 and this issue is certainly *not* fixed. At least not from the Export panel. The "Save" panel looks to be correct but exporting still is incorrect. 

When I export a file from Photoshop the entire file name, including extension is highlighted. 

This *really* needs to get fixed. 

Ged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed with Monterey Osx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not. Not for the Export panel. 

Ged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's frustrating, and I still have to force myself to do it, since my muscle memory is so strong, but when you rename the file on export, even though the file extension is highlighted and it feels like it's no longer part of the name, just test it out and find the file on the desktop or wherever you've saved it, and you will see that the filename is still there.

Examples attached of "save as..." and "export" functions from Photoshop 2022 on a Mac running Big Sur 11.6.

Same thing with saving the .psd - it gets highlighted (facial twitch) but I ignore that and simply enter the file name and it is saved with the .psd extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines