• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File name in Save window (Mac OS) - truncated

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is a small issue compared with other things, but it's starting to piss me off now. I'm working in Mac OS, so I don't know if it's the same in Windows. I work on both platforms, but my preference is for Mac which I use at home, so apologies to Windows users.

Okay. I go to Save As in Photoshop. Why is the file name window so small? I always have to click on the file name and scroll to the end. Why can't the file name window automatically expand to the length of the file name? Simple question. Too many clicks already!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The File dialogs are served up by MacOS, not Photoshop. They are abbreviated Finder windows.

Seems like you can't do anything about the length of the filename window:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/oo0crk/anyway_to_make_the_file_name_text_box_in_the_save/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This appears to be a problem with Apple macOS, not Photoshop.

The proof? If you try all the usual Mac-standard ways to expand a Save As dialog box, in non-Adobe applications and in applications that Apple includes with the Mac, none of those make the filename field wider. So the problem is with macOS itself. Shown below is what I tried in Apple Preview, and the same thing also happens in Apple Safari. I can make the dialog box wider, but the filename field doesn’t change. So it’s the way Apple is doing things.

Apple Preview save filename field width.gif

You might already know this, but a shortcut to going to the end of the filename is to press the down arrow key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines