• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FileFormat plugin issue

Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am facing a issue in fileformat plugin in PhotoShop CS6...  i am doing some fuctionalaties on "formatSelectorFilterFile" signal. But in MAC, Photoshop is sending this signal twice. first, when user do File -> open(in PhotoShop CS6) and just select any photoshop file and second when user click on open button. first time PhotoShop is sending signal as MAC tries to open file to show preview in  open dialog box. I am not finding any way so that  I can differntiate between these two condition. actully i don't want first one.

Thanks in advance

-Harsh

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

I guess the first one was put there for a preview/thumbnail generation (Adobe folks probably know better though).

In any case, this selector simply asks whether you plugin can handle the filie format and therefore it has to be lightweight, since youy don't really want to introduce delays as the user goes over the file list. If properly implemented as only a test, you shouldn't really care about this selector being invoked multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess the first one was put there for a preview/thumbnail generation (Adobe folks probably know better though).

In any case, this selector simply asks whether you plugin can handle the filie format and therefore it has to be lightweight, since youy don't really want to introduce delays as the user goes over the file list. If properly implemented as only a test, you shouldn't really care about this selector being invoked multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines