• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefly image error when using Generative Fill in photoshop: Parameters not Valid

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a teacher and had an assignment (a sub lesson for when I was out one day) to create an image using Generative Fill in Photoshop. They were to type a prompt in Firefly, then download the image and open in Photoshop. From there I asked them to use the crop tool to expand the canvas and do a blank generative fill to show them how that works, then they were to add several items to their composition using AI prompts in Photoshop. However, almost every student got the same error when trying to expand the canvas: "The parameters for command "Generative Fill" are not currently valid." What's happening and is there a way to fix this? See attached image for screenshot of the issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@heathern26898880 try changing your crop tool from Original Ratio to "Ratio".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the suggestion - that did not make a difference. any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the white area the result of the crop tool or part of the original image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the white area is a result of the crop tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also students are trying to use generative expand with other images, not just Firefly images, and getting the same result. They are using rights-free stock images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image type doesnt matter. Has anyone been able to use any Firefly AI process successfully? Your IT admin may have blocked this using the Adobe Admin console. It is an optional feature that needs to be enabled for education.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll ask. Students were able to create images in Firefly here: https://firefly.adobe.com/generate/images with no issues. Are you thinking that our IT guys need to enable something in CC? I do have a couple students who are able to use the feature with no issues. I'll ask the IT guys and let you know what I find out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT confirmed that the AI feature is enabled in our admin console. so that's not the issue. so strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of Ps is being used, wondering if there are IT restrictions that align the builds to older updates? Have you and your students ever seen the crop expand work, or is this newer behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have the latest version of Photoshop - we just confirmed that through CC today. This was a new assignment to use the tool, so the first time most of them have tried it. There are two students who've gotten it to work but I can't tell what they are doing differently. I've also got a ticket in with our support team to see if they can help troubleshoot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't adding anything to the prompt when expanding, right? Do they see similar alert with the generative fill with a selection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct - they are leaving it blank for the expand. Students ARE able to add objects with a selection within their image with a prompt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue.

It is getting to be annoying.

I will follow the thread here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines