• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix Proportion

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The background is 11 x 22 inches.  The image is 4.88 x 7.19 inches.  How can I fix this disproportion?

Untitled-1 - TEST 1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amyb,

You can use the Crop Tool to crop out the rest of the area.

crop.gif

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There short answer is, you can't. You want go multiply almost 5 about 4 times but multiply about 7 inches less than twice. To fit that 11 x 22 area would require distorting the image (Edit > Transform > Distort) to the point that it would be unrecognizable. See the before and after below:

Fig_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a transform and to enlarge your tiny image to fit into your large background. You will wind up with a horrible looking image.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the request is so unusual, I wonder whether your graphic was misleading since it does not agree with the number arrangement.. Both landscape.

If the large dimension was rotated to be horizontal, as the image is, it could look like the top image seen below when placed in the new size.

That would allow for using Edit > Transform > Distort to fill the area with image area where top image is gray.

Does that solve the problem?

combo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your ideas.  I'm sorry;  I didn't explain clearly enough.  The photo is supposed to look like a front page photojournalism shot in a newspaper.  The empty space is supposed to be there and the image is placed as it would be for an article waiting for type.

I could double the photos proportions but I want to keep the whole thing in proportion and printing it out as is, the photo looks really small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it stands now with, I assume, the gray on one layer and the image on another, you can change the size of the image without changing the size of the gray area. But, to be honest, I am not sure whether that is what you have in mimd.

Another gures  at t this point suggests you would be better served by working in InDesign where you can lay in dummy type (your choice of face and size), including paragraph and column breaks if desired, have it run around the image with your chosen width of margin, change the picture size and position, and do other edits and versions easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the proportions but now I've forgotten to put a small black frame around the images.  Can I put a frame around these images now without having to start over again with my layout?

5 x 2.5 11. Untitled-1 - Storm - Tree on Mellen Street.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no need to begin again.

Make a rectangular selection (Rectangular Marquee tool} around the first image. Then Edit > Stroke ...

1 pixel (or more)

Black

Blending Mode: Normal

Opacity: 100%

Deselect the marching ants

Repeat with the second image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines