• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Dragging layers between files is not working in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag and drop of layers between files is not working.

I'm dragging a layer from an RGB file to a CMYK one and it's not working.

It used to be in past versions.

I'm on the latest version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.1 20200716.r.265

Mac OS Catalina latest version: 10.15.6

Anyone knows how to fix?

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-51596}

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Hi there,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.2 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing but a simple type layer, white in color.

I cleaned up my PC, wiped eveything I could have, defrag also.. rebooted. Opened two documents, A (2GB), and B (411mb), grabbed text layer from doc A and dragged it to doc B about where I wanted it and it took about 1 minute to place. (image attached: 1st try)

I shut it all down about to go to bed, when I read this post and decided to run through again and with same two docs and a different layer, but still a type layer and it took 8, yes eight minutes to complete, i timed it.

(image attached: 2nd try)

I was going to take a second photo to show the time difference between photos but thats when the layer decided to complete.

Doc A info: 11 x 17 (3300 x 5100 pixels), 300 ppi, RGB, 632 layers, 23 groups

Doc B info: 19 x 13 (5700 x 3900 pixels), 300 ppi, RGB, 484 layers, 24 groups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So over a thousands layers between two files? Yeah I can see that taking forever to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000's of layers.... well yes its a calender, 12 months, 28-31 days each, plus days of week and calendar grid, then add the images. The document starts with the months of year then I ad an image to background, with type layers up front, sometimes duplicating months of type layer, so that I have two of each color, (black or white type)...off to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear. Use InDesign for this, not Photoshop. :headdesk:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmm I took a gander... something new to learn, kinda reminds me of MS publisher... It'll take some time, as I only have maybe 2 hours a day... Thanks for info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines