• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Photoshop 22.0 neural filter style transfer not available

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pumped for the style transfer feature in photoshop 2021, but it is the only neural filter that wont work. The download button is unclickable and greyed out and it says the filter is not available.

ndow_0-1603204484487.png

{Moderator Note: Edited thread title, LFP-1846, PS-57169}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

When I restarted for a third time, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.0.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top users reported issues. Check out the list of all fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Photoshop

To update Photoshop to 22.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

For help with updating, see Update Creative Cloud apps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Finally I could install these filters... First I had to set the temporary path (TEMP and TMP) to c:\windows\temp. Second I had to run PS as administrator. Then the download worked.

Then I started PS without admin-rights and the filters were not installed... So I had to change the rights for all of the directories in folder c:\users\....\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\ that I am authorised to access it.

Afterwords the filters worked!! *halleluja*

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 235 Replies 235
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not downloading here. Same problems as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem and restarted multiple times, deleted the cache folder etc with no luck.

What finally worked for me was going to the "Help" menu in Photoshop and picking "Manage My Account". This took me to the Adobe website where I had to accept some new terms & conditions, then login again. After that I was able to download the filters.

Hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a crosspost, but I wanted to share how I was finally able to solve this mysterious problem by modifying the advanced permissions for the Temp Adobe folder

adobefix.jpg

• disable inheritence
  • disable "delete" permissions for all accounts

After that I just clicked to download the filters and the temp folder filled up with tar files and folders.  Then I dragged the folders to their corresponding location in the AppData/Roaming folder and it works like a charm.  I saved the TAR files just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, Megan,

How on earth did you ever find this? Fixed the problem for me, thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be helpful if somebody who was succesful in downloading these filters would make them available for downloading from Dropbox or the like, so the less fortunate (most of us poor souls here apparantly) could benefit from their luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be illegal. 

Have you tried emptying the folders as described earlier in the thread?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course Dave. Several times, two PC's. Doesn't work. Download seems to start but halts prematurely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a security (or program) issue. Surely not a 'traffic jam' issue as Adobe would like us to believe.

The filters do download almost to the end, but just before they write to the PluginData folder it crashes.

Anyway, I stop wasting my time with these Neural filters until Adobe fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released a small program fix yesterday, installed it. Didn't solve the Neural Filter issue though.

Still the filters won't download. 

Creative Cloud Desktop What's New in PS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is to say, I see some 'Beta filters' like 'Smart Portrait'Creative Cloud Desktop Neural Filters 1.jpgCreative Cloud Desktop Neural Filters 2.jpg.

But under 'Featured Filters' (Skin Smoothing) nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really do not think it is illegal, since it is part of a program we are paying for. Why can't they make it downloadable thru Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not think it is illegal but the license terms, to which anyone with a subscription agreed include :

......you must not:(1)host or stream the Software; (2)allow third parties to access the Software remotely;(3)circumvent technological measures intended to control access to the Software; (4)develop, distribute, or use with the Software, products that circumvent the technological measures; ..................

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not what you are saying, it's your tone that grates.

People have paid for this software and are searching for a solution, you could at least fake a friendly voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I corrected this condition twice on my computer.
I corrected it and got to the point of having to reinstall W10 and had to
correct the neural filter thing again.

I know it doesn't make any sense as I have admin privileges but both times
I had to create a new "admin" user with privileges. Login as admin.
Open Photoshop, Open a Photo.
Download the neural filters.
Filters will be in a folder named com.adobe.nfp.gallery
found at:
C>Users>Admin>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>UXP>PluginsStorage>PHSP>22>Internal
Copy the com.adobe.nfp.gallery folder
Rename your users corresponding folder found C Users -- You --AppData, etc.
Paste or drop the Admins folder into your "Internal" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is not illegal for Adobe to take my subscription money every month, and then roll out a program I can't fully use? If I paid for a washing machine that only half worked, I would get a replacment or a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be easier if Adobe just creates a package installer for these neural filters as a quick solution and post them on Creative Cloud until they fix the buggy code (probably hardcoded locations) I'm sure people with customized temp folder and security configurations are having the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk about thinking outside of the box... Bravo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Megan, can you tell me the exact folder to use? I cannot find which folder I am supposed to mofify. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found mine here

C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this did not work for me either. I was finally able to figure out where that folder was. Are you even able to click on the download buttons for the filters? When I open the neural filters, I says "Checking for availablity of filter" Then it says "filter is not available" There is a gray cloud with an exclamation point, and the download button is grayed out. At no point is the download button even clickable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround worked in aquiring the downloads that say they download but then never appear as downloaded.  Good temporary fix until Adobe gets their act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Megan, really worked for me.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUP!! awesome...this worked but i did not do it on the TEMP file i did it on the ADOBE main file where the PS file is and it worked.

thank you.Megan5CE7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through the thread. My problems seems to be slightly different. 
MacOS 10.14.6 
Just installed Photoshop 22 via CreativeCloudApp.

Launched it for the first time, was able to successfully download a neural filter for colorizing old photos and colorized one of them. 
Opened another old photo; when cliking on the "Neural filters .." now it just opens a side panel and spins the wheel (circle forever). Photoshop itself is hung, have to do CMD-W to break the hang. Cannot see the filter list / filter panle AT ALL.
(needles to say that I have restarted Photoshop gazilion times) See the attached screenshot

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 01.10.47.png
Tried removing / cleaning removing the flter plugin directory as it has been suggested 

cd ./Application\ Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/22/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery
rm -rf PluginData

Start Photoshop, the same result. The PluginData/  catalog gets recreated immediately, has some data in it :

xian:com.adobe.nfp.gallery alex$ ls -lR PluginData/ | wc

53     374    2680

53     374    2680

53     374    2680

xian:com.adobe.nfp.gallery alex$ 

but photoshop continues spining the circle as shown on the screenshot.

I think you guys at Adobe have some serious issues to solve and fix. The product is definitely not ready for prime time.

Please lt me know when it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue here! For the first time trying it out it did load the list of filters, I downloaded successfully the Colorizing filter and tried it out, but it did not change the image a one bit! Returned the very same black and white image. But now when I try, the loading circle just keeps spinning for ever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines