• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Unable to export Save for Web in Photoshop 22.3 Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to Photoshop 22.3.0 today export to Save for Web (Legacy) stopped working. Opens up a error message: The operation could not be completed.

Quick export is working ok. 

Legacy Save for Web error.jpg

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-60637}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers operating system? Did you start experiencing this issue after an update to Photoshop or to Windows?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: Preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem occurred after updating to Photoshop 22.3, using windows 10
resetting preferences did not fix the problem

Andrea Teague
[Moderator deleted private information. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop 22.3.1 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 22.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this probelm even after updating to PS 22.3.1

Any ideas as to how I can work around this - it's an essential part opf my job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 22.4.0 and the error message is still popping up when trying to export a GIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. im using version 22.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting this error even though Photoshop has been updated to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ugh, has anyone found a workaround for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with the same trouble for a couple of versions now. I have updated it to Photoshop 22.4.2, and it is still there. Deleting Photoshop Settings Files did not work for me.

I'm getting an "Adobe Save for Web Error — Could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has occurred." when saving for web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Adobe just doesn't care because I assume if they did
they'd make more of an effort to let people know it's not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the suggestions and nothing is working.

I have unistalled 22.4.0 reistalled 22.3.0 and 22.3.1 and still getting the error message. Can someone please help me with this?

thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue with 22.4.1... someone??!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only solution I found was to purchase gifgun unfortunately. it's $30 bucks which isn't bad i guess but also... I've stopped yelling at my computer so there is that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

I've run into this issue on 22.4 as well. I found that if I switched my image mode from 32 bit back down to 16 bit, it gives you the option to use save for web again.

hope that helps some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support after having this issue for 6 months.. They did a remote screen share and after 2 hours, the key was to log out of my Mac account and sign in as a new user!! Now photoshop works fine!

Note: they created a new user first called 'Root', and made me designate a password. Then I signed out, and clicked 'New User', put in username 'Root' and my password. Apparently then you can contact Apple support to move all your stuff over from the other account which I'm yet to do, but at least I can render videos and save for web!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!!! @ninaabrahams  you are very diligent.  I believe my original issue was the output file size.  Even though it was under 500 frames [the limit] perhaps the file size was going to be too large.  Since then I have had no issue rendering for web [yet]  The thing is I do not really know.  One tries so many solutions it is difficult to determine what one actually worked.  In spite of  the plethora of Adobe's updates and their wack-o-mole style of bug fixes we continue creating.  FYI:  I've been using Adobe "creative suite" since 2005. I miss the days when we had posession of the media and complete control of updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I miss the days when we had posession of the media and complete control of updates."

Turn off auto-updates in teh CC desktop application and then you can choose when to update.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm  Thank you Dave...I do have them off and do receive tenacious alearts from Creative Cloud.  And eventually Photoshop starts "misbehaving".  It is sign of the times and a way to keep accounts current, intice new customers and prohibit the pirating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started getting this error, for the first time ever, this week after update to PS 22.5. So it STILL isn't fixed. 

Have tried all the recommendations:

- Reset prefs

- Updated Mac OS to latest version (11.4) today

- Rebooted

- Still have my 16 GB RAM

- Still have the Intel i7 

- Checked and confirmed for the millionth time since using Adobe CC that my graphics card is well beyond recommend specs 

- Rubbed my belly and patted my head while spinning around 3 times 

But yet again, nothing fixed this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

miraculously, by adding more RAM memory this issue got solved! I use an iMac 27" 2020. (Originally comes with 8 GB, I added 32 more, so 40 GB in total.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue. Are any others still experiencing issues with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most of us have given up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still very much struggling with this issue. It would be great if Adobe were aware that this issue is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and it is funny how they marked this issue as "solved" already updated to the newest adobe photoshop and I am still dealing with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines