• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fog, smoke, cloud brushes from ADOBE

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject: Difficulty Accessing Adobe Smoke Brushes - Anyone Else Facing This?

Hey Adobe community!

Hope everyone is having an amazing day! :glowing_star: I've been exploring brushes on the Adobe site, specifically the smoke brushes available at https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop-brushes/smoke.html.

I encountered a bit of a hiccup when trying to download them. Despite being a licensed user with the Adobe Photography Plan and Adobe Express monthly, every attempt led me to a plan package page. I've reached out to the Adobe staff, and they mentioned looking into it, promising to get back to me later.

I'm curious – has anyone else experienced difficulties accessing these smoke brushes? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts and any solutions you might have come across.

Let's help each other out! 😊

Cheers, Josh

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

I found them! There's a search field in the Brushes panel. I searched for "fog" but didn't find anything. I went back to https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop-brushes/smoke.html and at the bottom of the page, it says, "Create a smoke brush pack." Then I searched my brushes for "smoke."

They're in the "Concept" pack. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top buttons for Start free trial and Buy Now are for people who don't already have Photoshop.

The link in the next section for "Explore fog brushes..." goes to https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/brushes.html

where there are lots of brushes that you can download.

It's not clear which set of brushes contains the fog ones, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats where i was earlier. downloaded some brushes that i wanted but didn't see any Fog on there .... wish they would make this clear and easy to understand their platform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found them! There's a search field in the Brushes panel. I searched for "fog" but didn't find anything. I went back to https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop-brushes/smoke.html and at the bottom of the page, it says, "Create a smoke brush pack." Then I searched my brushes for "smoke."

They're in the "Concept" pack. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Friend , you're amazing. Thank you so very much for going out of your way and time to help me with this .. i appreciate you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw where did you see "create a smoke brush pack" ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderful, thanks ! ....... i THINK these are the ones i been Looking for .  played with the preset for a little bit .  but will play more later ......again thank you so much for your time . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad I could help. 🙂

Have fun with the brushes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra,

This discussion piqued my interest enough to try checking out the brushes Joshyi3 was trying to download. Suffice to say, it was a mess. After much mucking around ... including returing here at least a couple of times, I did manage to download what I think may be the correct brush pack. Adobe could do a better job with this I think. Anyway, once downloaded and double clicked, the file promptly opened Affinity Photo and asked if I wanted to install these bushes in that program. An info check of the downloaded file did indeed show Affinity Photo as the default app and I then noticed that the file itself had an Affinity Publisher icon on it. 

I did manage to change the file assocation to Photoshop in Finder although the file icon remains unchanged for some reason. I'm wondering now if this is the expected action with Adobe brush files. Seems weird that Affinity could/would hijack a file assocation like that. I've never given any Affinity apps that permission. In fact, I rarely use them at all. 

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Kyle Webster brushes (and other downloadable brushes) are saved as the ABR file format which was created for Adobe Photoshop. If Affinity can use ABR files and you have Affinity, then it's possible that the file associations could default to it instead of Photoshop.

I don't have Affinity, so I haven't encountered what you did. Reassociating the ABR format with Photoshop is what I would recommend.

I do agree that how the brushes are organized on that brushes page makes it difficult to find a specific brush or type of brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Kyle Webster brushes (and other downloadable brushes) are saved as the ABR file format which was created for Adobe Photoshop. If Affinity can use ABR files and you have Affinity, then it's possible that the file associations could default to it instead of Photoshop.

I don't have Affinity, so I haven't encountered what you did. Reassociating the ABR format with Photoshop is what I would recommend.

I do agree that how the brushes are organized on that brushes page makes it difficult to find a specific brush or type of brush.

By @Myra Ferguson

its definitely a mess for sure. still waiting for them to message me back.   Thanks again btw 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Myra Ferguson

Well, that was the funny thing... the downloaded brushes did have the correct (Adobe Photoshop) filespec, but still showed an Affinity icon, which I failed to notice before double clicking on it. Shame on me.

I did, hopefully, reset the file association back to Adobe Photoshop. Fingers crossed! 

Thanks,

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, no worries. It happens. 🙂

Have you downloaded other brushes to use with Affinity in the past? If so, that may have had something to do with the change in the file association.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines