• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font missing in Photoshop (but installed on my computer)

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I installed a font recently, and it's not showing up on Photoshop. I tried closing and opening Photoshop again, still doesn't show up. Anyone knows how to fix this? The font name is SFNS Display. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the font show up in other applications ?

Delete the font, rename it, reinstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with you on this one - it is irritating in the extreme and I am getting fed up with it constantly happening when I receive PSD from clients.

This is what is constantly happening:

1 - Get PSD.

2 - Open PSD, get instant error as per screenshot:

Missing Fonts.PNG

Yet the damned font is simply NOT MISSING!!! (sorry for the shouting but really wasting a lot of time on this mess.

See below for the details of what is actually installed:

that are not missing.PNG

So why is this happening?

And why bloody Myriad Pro - is the font manager so stupid it cannot even see the installed Futura Fonts?

This current menu set will take me far too long to manually edit every single instance of this bug occurring (and it is a bug - the font is installed, as supplied by the client so please nobody tell me this is on me as it is on PhotoShop entirely) as there also seems to be absolutely no way at all to replace every instance at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is now happening to me as well after the most recent update. Somewhere around June 20th 2020. It says the font is missing and asks to search and sycn with TypeKit (or whatever). It does that and then replaces OpenSans with Myrid. As soon as the PSD file opens, I can see OpenSans right at the top of my font list and then I have to manually change all the fonts back. What is happening?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue as you. It turned out Photoshop wanted the OTF version of the font, and I had the TTF version installed. I uninstalled the TTF, converted it to OTF with an online tool, installed that one, and that fixed the problem. The only thing that guided me towards that was the little icon next to the font name (I use CS6, not sure if they removed that in CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Just wonder if you ever got a solution to find this SFNS font, I need it too, please help and respond, thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines