Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Image Assets - Animated Gif?

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've recently started using the generate>image assets tool which is great! But I sometimes create animated gifs, e.g. two frames where text flashes on and off. When I use the .gif in the layer name it is not saved out with animation. Is it possible to use a parameter with .gif which will save it out as an animated gif and not a static one? This is the only thing that is bugging me at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it can. I use save for web legacy to save animated gifs. Generate is designed to save a bunch layers as image files. You won't likely be creating an animated gif in a file with a bunch of unrelated layers. It would be too confusing.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame! I've been using the legacy save for web as usual when using animation. I actually do create animated gifs often in a larger design, not too confusing, I simply use the generate on groups rather than layers to easily update assets for email and web since it's instant . Shame that the animation isn't there yet, I would find it very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They haven't addded animated gif exports to the Export As panel yet either. I'm hoping that is coming soon. As far as I know the only way to export an animated gif is with the legacy Save for Web as Melissa said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be fantastic if Adobe could sort this out, or change their document that says it can be done?

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/generate-assets-layers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I get zero results for "Animated" on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines