• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative Fill AI

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having diffiiculty using Generative fill to create a filtered effect on a photo. I want to make my photo look like a pencil drawing and everytime I apply the genrative fill it looks nothing like the prompt and does not apply to the photo. It doesnt matter what the prompt is. I can type in pencil drawing, oil painting, watercolor, etc. and I get the same blue abstract image.  I follow the following steps to use generative fill

1. select photo layer

2. Enter quick mask mode

3. Edit->Fill->Contents color-> set H=0, S=0, B=40, #676767

4.Exit quick mask

5. Enter prompt into generative fill

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like to make your content appear appear as a pencil drawing, oil painting, or watercolor style, I'd recommend using the Style Transfer Neural Filter instead.

1. Select the layer
  2. Go to Filter > Neural Filters
  3. In the Neural Filters panel that opens, toggle on Style Transfer (you may need to download it first if the toggle isn't appearing)
  4. Find a Preset to select and adjust the sliders. You could also use the Custom tab and upload a style reference image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am more concerned that it the generative fill does not appear to be applying itself to my image at all. I am looking to experiment with that specific tool a bit but am wondering if I am doing something wrong. I've followed several tutorials similar to this one and am unable to achieve desired results at all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AukYE3xVFcs

This video will show you how to Stylize Images Using AI Generative Fill & Quick Mask Mode. It's really easy and the results are impressive. #photoshop #stylize #aigeneratedimage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add that if you'd like to make it look like an oil painting, you could use the Oil Paint filter (Filter > Stylize > Oil Paint...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdly I'm getting pretty much the exact same abstract image when I've tried that process. The neural filter/stylize options as suggested below don't have enough control whereas this process used to work perfectly. I wonder what has changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact Photoshop version are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Casey37043090zpf2 @lightboxent  The product team is aware that recent updates have affected the previously working scripts and process to use Generative Fill to produce artistic effects using semi-transparent selections. They are working on a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn’t that affect »only« the Beta version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler I've seen it on both beta and public release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same exact blue image everytime. Did you manage to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went back to the non beta version and it worked but could not use a reference image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines