• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting really tired of Photoshop's endless problems

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't Photoshop just WORK for once? I've had this program for two years now and it STILL surprises me how many problems and unnecessary complications I'm coming across. Why?

Now I am pretty experienced with Photoshop, and today I couldn't insert a goddarn JPEG photo that was imported from my phone. You know what it said? The JPEG marker 'was not found' or something. But guess what?? I could easily open in it in PAINT and EXPORT it to JPEG and THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I COULD OPEN IN IT WITH PHOTOSHOP.

If Paint can, why can't this darn expensive program??

Next up, drawing stuff! I have a cool drawing tablet but Photoshop doesn't seem to work with that at all. The lack of brushes, the complication of layers, it makes me sick to my stomach. And it bugs with every single movement I make.

Also I was trying to make a crop a single layer but next thing I know I'm cropping the ENTIRE document. WHY???????????????????????????

I've paid so much money for this darned program and it's getting more and more frustrating the more I use it. I thought it would be the other way around, but no. You just stumble across more and more unnecessary problems that make my very skin crawl.

So if anyone knows a great alternative for photo editing, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Hi Lisa:

I understand your frustration. Note that you are ranting at other users, and not to Adobe Systems, Inc. This is a community forum, and those of us with strong Photoshop skills volunteer our time to answer questions from other users. If you want to get Adobe's attention, here is the best place to do it: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem.

To address your list of questions:

1. It sounds like there was an issue with the JPEG file. Did you try openi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and how about this one: I'm trying to erase a tiny tiny bit of a photo, but I CAN'T because it's a vector layer. However, I CAN crop this picture! WHY CAN'T I ERASE A BIT OF IT WHILE KEEPING IT A VECTOR LAYER???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa:

WHY CAN'T I ERASE A BIT OF IT WHILE KEEPING IT A VECTOR LAYER???????

No need to shout at us, again we are here to help.

You can remove vector elements with vector tools, and pixels with raster tools (like the eraser)—that is how Photoshop works. I know you said you know Photoshop well, but you may discover that you have some holes in your knowledge that we can help plug in. Or we can recommend classes, books, online tutorials. Personally, I've been using Photoshop since version 2.5 (somewhere around 1992) and while I may know a lot, I know I don't know everything. It's an enormous application.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa:

I understand your frustration. Note that you are ranting at other users, and not to Adobe Systems, Inc. This is a community forum, and those of us with strong Photoshop skills volunteer our time to answer questions from other users. If you want to get Adobe's attention, here is the best place to do it: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family?topic-list[settings][type]=problem.

To address your list of questions:

1. It sounds like there was an issue with the JPEG file. Did you try opening it in Photoshop as well as placing it? I haven't run into this issue with photos taken on my phone, but I'm glad you found a workaround.
  2. A lot of us use tablets on a daily basis with no issues. We may be able to help troubleshoot and/or provide training resources if you let us know which one you are using.
  3. You can't crop a layer in Photoshop, only the entire image. If you want to remove the outer edge of a layer, make a selection of what you want to keep, choose Select > Inverse and either delete (destructive) or mask (non-destructive) the outer pixels.
  4. Here is a page listing the best alternatives to Photoshop:
    https://www.creativebloq.com/photoshop/alternatives-1131641

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Barb,

Thank you for responding. In my frustration, I needed to express my anger somewhere and I didn't realize this was only directed towards other users, so I apologize for that.

1. Yes, I tried to open it directly into Photoshop, as well as placing it inside another file while Photoshop was opened. But it seems the only way to do it is by opening it in Paint first (or any other photo editing software that does work) and then exporting it to the same file. Then it suddenly works. It just takes away a lot of my time since I have a lot of photos to work with, and I have to open and export them all individually.
  2. I use a WACOM drawing tablet. I was really looking forward to trying it out in Photoshop, but it works a lot better in ClipArt, so I use that program instead.
  3. I see. That's very handy. Using the selection was indeed the second option that came to mind.
  4. These look very nice and the prices are great too. I'll consider them.

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa:

No need to apologize. We understand your frustration. And now you understand that we just want to help.

So this is all photos coming off your phone? What phone are you using? Can you share a image? (It can be of anything—even the floor—just to see if we can figure what the issue is.) Has it been this way the entire time, or just after a recent Photoshop, Windows or phone upgrade? If you want us to take a look, put it on a file sharing platform like dropbox and post the link here.

As for your tablet—which one? Which driver? Wacom also has their own customer support page which you might find helpful: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support​.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regards to the drawing tablet,  what OS and tablet are you working with?  I know there has been issues with Windows 10 and Wacom drivers in recent months. There's threads already out here dealing with the driver and OS issues with that.  But please,  don't shout.  All of us are just users like you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting, I am in fact using a WACOM tablet and Windows 10. Maybe that's what causes the constant bugs, then. Fortunately, I have an alternative program in which the tablet works just fine.

My apologies for shouting, as I said to Barb, I didn't know this was directed at other users. Next time I will wait a while before making a post like this. It will probably contain less shouting and cursing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know apps like Clip Studio didn't have those issue,  but that problem has less to do with Adobe and more to do with Windows & the Wacom Driver, there's a couple of threads here about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know what lisa, it's now 2023 now and photoshop is still absolutely trash. I've been an endless user of this program and I just can't stand the constant struggles, headaches, bugs, freezes, driver issues I get all the F-ing time. So yes WE'RE VENTING AND YES WE'RE SHOUTING BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE NOT DOING SHlT TO IMPROVE THIS PROGRAM BUT MAKING IT WORSE YEAR BY YEAR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's really time to look for alternatives and let this program die because adobe obviously doesn't give a damn about it's users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines