• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going from multilayered artboards to gifs

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making digital advertisements in photoshop. One file will have up to 20 artboards of varying sizes, each with 3-4 layers. Each of these will be exported to create digital ads in gif form. I was wondering if anyone knows of a streamlined way to export all of these artboards and create gifs out of each one of them without having to do so individually? Each layer needs about 3s and the gifs need to repeat 3x, as is pretty standard in digital ads. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn’t any easy way to do that right now. There are two options for exporting images and neither will work. The first option is to use Export As which will recognize your artboards, but does not support gif. The second option is to use the legacy save for web which supports gif, but does not recognize artboards. Sorry I don’t have better info for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer comps - Each comp will make the layers visible for the specific artboard.

You should then be able to use File>Export>Layer Comps to files...

I say you should as I did not test it. But in theory it should work.

In the Export menu is also Artboards to files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silkrooster​ I use layer comps the way you describe for making animated banner ads, but this only works if all of the ads are the same size. The beauty of artboards is that you can build multiple sizes of ads in the same document. I’m really hoping the Photoshop team ads gif support to Export As for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just turn off the artboards you don't want to export and go to Legacy export to get the regular GIF export options, rinse and repeat. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! How do you turn off artboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

visibility OFF, like the red layervisibility OFF, like the red layerLegacy export will show just what's ONLegacy export will show just what's ON

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but its not helpful for me. i want only image not extra space 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. I feel dumb not thinking of this myself, so thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GENIOUS!

Thank you for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved my bacon. Thanx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit late to the party but I have 20 artboards with ads on and multiple layers per artboard, once I have all the artwork and timeline sorted I use Splices to seperate the overall image up to the specific artboards sizes, name them to suit and the Save for Web as a GIF and that's it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really useful!
Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines