• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration Disabled

Advisor ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the referenced message when trying to open a RAW file in PS.  Does anybody know why and what it means?  I've also attached a screenshot of my Preferences settings.  Thanks for any help.     

bartonlew_0-1686017669298.png

bartonlew_1-1686017758564.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

It may mean that your driver is out of date or your 1050Ti is weak for the task. Check driver version, it should be less than 6 months, if thats Ok then your GPU unit probably needs replacement.

What is displayed from Help > GPU Compatibility? You should see confirmation message and five green checkmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may mean that your driver is out of date or your 1050Ti is weak for the task. Check driver version, it should be less than 6 months, if thats Ok then your GPU unit probably needs replacement.

What is displayed from Help > GPU Compatibility? You should see confirmation message and five green checkmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bojan, did as you suggested and checked Help>Compatability (screenshot below) and though the 5 checkmarks are there, as can be seen, the driver is over 7 months and it says update.  I wonder if it's safe or best practice to click on the blue link to update the driver - do you know?  Thanks again.  

bartonlew_0-1686098964362.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 1050 Ti on a 16-y-old PC. It opens raws fine and ACR is smooth. I've not often opened huge ones though, but sizes between 10 and 30 maybe.

I had your same question but chose to do it the old way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating drivers through GeForce Experience app that can be downloaded for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ACR puts heavier demands on the GPU than Photoshop these days. That's new; it used to be the other way round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines