• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient Layer Not Working (Photoshop 2020)

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop_Gradient_Issue_No_Layers.jpg

Hello,

I hope all is well. I'm having issues with my gradient layer. I attached a graphic to help explain.

1. I created a orange gradient fill. So far looks good, but it needs to be reversed.

2. I check reverse and the gradient fills the entire space?

3. I click the gradient fill layer off. The gradient is still showing and it's only the bottom half, which is wrong. I wanted the gradient reversed.

4. I click the layer visibility on both layers and it finally shows the correct placement of the gradation.

I have no idea what is issue is? I tried the gradient layers on other photoshop files and they all have this issue. I feel it might be a memory issue with my mac? for trouble shooting I restarted my and uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. That didn't work. Here are my mac spec's:

• macOS Catalina version 10.15.5

• iMac 27-inch purchased in late 2013

• Storage 2.74 TB available of 3.12 TB. 24 GB of RAM

• The Photoshop file shown is a RGB, .tif, 300dpi and 97MB

Thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Try this: In the Preferences look in Perfomance/Options, and make sure Lecacy Compositing is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

There are issues in 21.1.  I use windows in my PS Preferences Performance section I see the Photoshop is detecting my GPU and I do not have Legacy compositing checked.  PS is not detecting some users GPU and Legacy Compositing Adobe broke in 21.2 it should not be checked. I have no problems doing what you tried.  The image and gradient were displayed correctly.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: In the Preferences look in Perfomance/Options, and make sure Lecacy Compositing is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you can use angel change to make it reverse.....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are issues in 21.1.  I use windows in my PS Preferences Performance section I see the Photoshop is detecting my GPU and I do not have Legacy compositing checked.  PS is not detecting some users GPU and Legacy Compositing Adobe broke in 21.2 it should not be checked. I have no problems doing what you tried.  The image and gradient were displayed correctly.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the info. It totally worked. Thanks again for your time.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This totally worked. Do you happen to know if the Composting becomes checked when an photoshop update is applied? Thanks again. Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines