Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic card incompatibility and ps

Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I do not really have a specific question, but I hope you are savvy to know this. On an older Mac I get this message that the graphic card is not compatible with photoshop.

Nothing weird about it, it is a very old mac, I am mostly surprised that ps still works. In fact, after receiving this message, I would expect ps to close. On the contrary, it opens and works regularly.

so my question is: what is exactly happening, that I apparently do not perceive, when I use ps with an incompatible graphic card?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Photoshop's basic operation will run as usual. But you lose some functions that are performed in the GPU, and some operations are GPU-accelerated and may run slower.

In short, it'll work, but you're getting a little less than you pay for. You will likely see bigger and bigger impact with each new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop's basic operation will run as usual. But you lose some functions that are performed in the GPU, and some operations are GPU-accelerated and may run slower.

In short, it'll work, but you're getting a little less than you pay for. You will likely see bigger and bigger impact with each new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand, as well, that Apple no longer supports those older Macs, and they don't get security updates. Be extremely careful using one online, know the risks and how to avoid security problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Don't worry I have the latest version of Mac book pro now. Going super modern and won't use the old version that much. Also, I always download my apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines