• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Great difficulty opening object files and fbx files in CS5

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.  I have downloaded some 3d assets from vendors on Artstation but I am having great difficulty opening them.  They are RAR files, fbx files and Blender files.  The Blender files are not a problem.  When I try to convert to .obj and open in PS it says it is not the right kind of file.  Even the RAR files will not open after being unzipped.  Now, I suspect it is because my CS5 is not the extended version and does not include a 3D menu.  Nowhere have I read or seen has mentioned that is actually the problem.  I am hoping that I am wrong and I am missing something.  If anyone can offer a suggestion or work around (if that is even possible) that would be greatly appreciated.  Anything short of having to purchase a CC subscription.  CS5 has served me well for a long time.

[subject edited by moderator to include "CS5" for clarity]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, only the extended version "supports" a few 3d formats and offers 3d tools.

Why would you even want to open 3d files in Photoshop CS5? The 3d tools and rendering in Photoshop - in particular the older versions like CS5 - are rudimentary and the output quality (sorry) laughably bad.

I would suggest to just work in Blender and render images for import in Photoshop CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Appreciate the answer! Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines