• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey background after printing - Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had two pictures scanned, I edited it via Photoshop, and than I opened Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and I converted the two pictures into PDF. Then I clicked to Edit PDF and the Reader started an OCR. I was 100% successful. I edited something, and than I wanted to print it. The printing was successful, but the result. The result was a slightly grey background with the text's on it. How can I solve this problem? The pictures have completly white background, or maybe somewhere some grey dots. But the result was much darker then the printed document.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happenning, could you please let us know what kind of printer are you using?
W
hat is your printing procedure? and what are  thecolour values for the white?

Also, the problem might be the color space the printer is trying to print with, have you selected Photoshop manages color or Printer manages color in the Print Dialog in Photoshop? The color space should be sRGB.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sahil,

Firstly, thank you for trying to solve my problem. I'm using a Samsung SCX-3200 printer, and it works perfectly with any other softwares. I noticed the Adobe Acrobat PRO do this sometimes (grey background printing). So this means sometimes it print's the document perfectly, sometimes with slightly grey backround (noticeable). For example, I have a two sided document which has a photo on each. It prints with grey background. Scanned it and uploaded: https://ibb.co/4srJPNv (more noticeable in real)

But I have downloaded this pdf: https://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/download/test_present_perfect_en.pdf and Adobe Acrobat PRO print's it perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems a tint is creeping in somewhere, you could open the document in Photoshop before printing and check the "paper" background with the eyedropper, its value in the info pallet should be 255/255/255, if its not, then use a levels adjustment to adjust the "paper white" to real white before printing. 

The colour space of a printer is defined by a printer's own ICC profile, sure, some printers are tuned to accept sRGB, but not all printers want sRGB by any means. In 'Photoshop manages colour' you ideally need to select a good icc profile for the printer and paper in hand. 

more here https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/about-icc-colour-profiles/

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem should be Adobe Acrobat. I have did what you suggested, and IN PHOTOSHOP it printed perfectly. Nah, stop. When I converted the two edited documentes into 1 pdf in Adobe Acrobat, I clicked on "Edit PDF". Due to this was 2 picture converted into pdf, Adobe started an OCR which was successful. But if I tried to print this, got the same grey background document. So, I tought I try to print WITHOUT OCR the document, so I closed that document, again converted it to 1 pdf and printed the first page. It was perfectly printed. So the problem is with the OCR somewhere.

Best Regards,

LogRol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines