• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guides in document are black, but settings are blue

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gone to settings > general > guides/rulers and made sure the color was blue.

BUT I hit some odd key combo in my document and now ALL guides are always black,but they remain blue in settings. How can I reset? Tried to reset the workspace, that didn't do it. Reset guides, removed guides, closed program, opened, rebooted, updated. Nothing is allowing me to change the colors of the guides in my document. All helps take me to settings, yet settings are correct.

What can I do to switch them back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the prefernces:

To manually restore preferences to default:

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. And proposing resetting all settings as a solution isnt really helping. We do set tones of settings on purpose, and re-setting it all over again is waste of time (money). We should try to find a reason why the guides are black, even tho in settings they are default cyan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines