• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Tool Stuck [Was:Is this the best way to really ask a question?]

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe thinks the best way to answer questions is to stick everyone who needs an answer to a question in the same room. And magically every's questions gets answered. Nope. Adobe doesn't care and it simply trying to make as much money as possible.

[Title edited by moderator (B.R.)]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't like it go elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure - Please tell me where to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, if you showed slightly better manners you might just get some help. Keep in mind this is a user to user forum. Unless you see a big red 'STAFF' badge below an avatar, you're not talking to an employee.

Now, sir, what can we help you with today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's just Adobe(and pretty much all large companies at this point) doesn't have the time/money to help people anymore so they let everyone gather round the fire and maybe they can help each other out. Sounds like a helpful community and all, but what ends up happening is that no one really has the responsibility to answer a question correctly. Sure there are a few helpful folks that will give it a shot then shrug their shoulders walk off and say, I'm not getting paid for this. For someone that has an easy question that has been asked 1000 times, there are likely dozens of employees at Adobe that could could answer the question in seconds, but they've decided to walk away and let us try and figure it out on our own. Let's just hope this is not the way that hospitals start "helping" their patients - "Cancer ward at the end of the hall - good luck fixing that!"

Now having said that - PS is stuck on the hand tool. An no I'm not an idiot and it isn't the space bar. I've tried resetting the tool - doesn't work, I've closed, shut down, restarted, doesn't work. I've cleared my preferences, doesn't work, I've unplugged the keyboard, doesn't work, I've ininstalled PS and reinstalled, doesn't work. And now I've come to the ol' community fire to see if some good Samaritan, just hanging around, happens to know the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, we could use some system info and program info. Go to Help>System Info and copy/paste it here.

Have you started your system in safe mode? Have you disabled all startup programs? Do you have any other programs running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your assumption is only 1/2 right. Yes, it's cheaper for them to have the "community" help others - there are too many questions for them to have a dedicated staff - not defending, simply observing. And yes, the easy questions get answered quickly. However, when you are nice, and really need help, there is an "official" community (ACPs) of people who genuinely care about getting you the correct answers. So while no, I'm not responsible for answering your question, I don't just walk away and say I'm not getting paid for this, unless the the OP is belligerent and being a jerk.

I can't help you with hand tool. I know my PS acts up like that sometimes too, and I just quit and restart.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines