• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Headshot consistency measuring points

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have various headshots and I want to make them consistent. What do I use as the point of measure if making them all consistent?  Is it distance between pupils? Height of head overall?  Distance between pupils and chin?

End result desired is headshots that are uniform in size and cropping like this:

[link removed as per forum guidelines]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@trishaw19134217 

This is a photography question, not a Photoshop question.

You might start by using a search engine (i.e., Google) with the search terms "headshot consistency". I just look at a few sites that came up and they offer many good tips — including not to rely on Photoshop to fix things up.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jane for your reply!

Unfortunately the photography was all done already and by different times. My task is to make all the photos consistent resolution and size across the board so they can be used in materials as is, and linked to indesign files, etc etc. We want to start from a good place deploying consistent headshots. But it's too late for hiring photographers and starting from scratch.

So I was curious what makes a consistent size headshot? Some people have no neck showing, some have facing camera or 3/4 angle and I want to make them at least appear similar in size within photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines