• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help identifying a PS filter used.

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst I realise how ridiculous this sounds, I recently edited a NEF file from LR Classic , in PS and unfortunately i can't remember what filter i used to get the finished TIFF file.

I'm attaching the original NEF and the subsequently edited TIFF file (both saved as a jpg), as they were too large. I'm hoping someone may recognise how i achieved the final image.

I did ask Victoria Bampton (My first go-to gal for LR), who made a few good suggestions. I have tried them and still cant identify how to reproduce the output.

Any help would be really appreciated.

David

DSC_3296-2.jpgDSC_3296-3.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Looks like you can get the same look like this:

First go to Image>Adjustments>Grayscale then Filter>Gallery>Stylize>Glowing Edges and adjust sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filters > Filter Gallery > Glowing Edges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you can get the same look like this:

First go to Image>Adjustments>Grayscale then Filter>Gallery>Stylize>Glowing Edges and adjust sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried the 2 suggestions so far and yes the glowing edges option is getting me very similar results. it was one of the original suggestions by victoria bampton but assume i needed to tailor the sliders more. im leaving the question open for a while to see if anyone has more suggestions.

thank you so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize it’s too late for this time, but next time, make a Smart Object before you add any filters. Then you’ll be able to see exactly what you did and even edit the filter later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't worry about the horse bolting , its good advice anytime, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

therealgingernob  wrote

don't worry about the horse bolting , its good advice anytime, thank you.

You’re welcome, and I’m sorry it won’t help catch this horse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Filter>Filter Gallery>Sketch>Photocopy, then Image>Adjustments>Invert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1st, thank you for all contributions.

Lessons learnt: jane-e correctly pointing out the value of smart objects (thanks), and daniel & jeff for their answers. I would like to mark them both right but just found not possible but both are very close in their own ways..

Thanks again, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines