Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP, Photoshop 21.1.2 colours keep changing on macOS 10.15.4

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The whole Photoshop desktop changes colours totally at random with no logical reason when I click.  There is no pattern as to when this will happen, I can quite happily be working away and then suddenly when I make a click on nothing imparticularly, the click on the image I'm working on for example, the colours of the image change, sometimes this includes the grey background too.  The colours don't change drastically, they just noticeably change in tone.  They just lighten or darken... which is obviously hugely problematic.  The problem is happening completely at random  as far as I can tell.  Please help!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

I use MAC 10.15.4 and the latest version of Photoshop, 21.1.2.

Thanks in advance,

Imogen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for the update! Did you start facing this issue after disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor? Do you use a calibration software to calibrate your computer screen to a specific color profile?

If yes, then please try changing the color profile to sRGB and restart the computer to check if it helps. You can check the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlf3ddc60d/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop. Since when are you facing this issue? Do the color revert to original after a while or remain lighter or darker after the change happens? Does this impact the interface as well or just the image you are working with?

Please update Photoshop to the latest version 21.1.3 and check if the issue persists. You can also go to the Preferences for Photoshop, then Performance and uncheck the option to Use Graphics Processor. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop before testing it. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually since October 2019.  The colour of the image changes  and the area behind the the image, the grey interface ground, but not the Photoshop buttons etc.  The colour can revert to normal after a while, sometimes yes sometimes no.  Also, sometimes when I create a pattern using the image and fill a new page with the pattern, even though the pages seem to have exactly the same colour profiles the image colours may be different.  

I am actually already running 21.1.3.  I have followed your advice regarding the performance options I'll let you know how it goes.  

I'm now experiencing a new problem where the image keeps turning solid grey as I'm working on it, the same shade as the Photoshop interface?  I took a video but I don't know how to upload it here.  COuld think be linked to changing the performance settings?

Thanks,

Imogen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the update! Did you start facing this issue after disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor? Do you use a calibration software to calibrate your computer screen to a specific color profile?

If yes, then please try changing the color profile to sRGB and restart the computer to check if it helps. You can check the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchlf3ddc60d/mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you again for your message.  Yes the problem started when I disabled the graphics processor so I re-engaged it.  Was this the right thing to do?

I have followed your advice following the colour profile, so far so good in terms of the interface not changing shade as it was before, hopefully this remains stable.  Can you advise which colour profile I should use with Photoshop work? sRGB also?

Thank you,

Imogen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're glad that is helping. sRGB 2.1 is the color profile we recommend as that is a standard profile for digital content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for your help so far.  I am experiencing a new problem now, I am wondering if it is related?  The image I am working on keeps turning grey for no reason, and then sections comes back or the whole image, then it goes grey again......

Please advise!

Imogen

Screenshot 2020-06-15 at 16.37.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines