• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Helvetica Neue... and fonts discontinued, help!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've asked this before, this whole 'fonts are no longer supported' thing - ironically they still are in some adobe apps, partially in others. Anyhow, I just want to get Helvetica Neue back. I probalby bought it and literally hundreds of other fonts that no longer work years back. But for now, I'll just try and get Helvetica back, sadly my clients will have to deal with the loss of an endless number of cool faces. Where do you go to get and install it? Need it for PS and InDesign. (lol, it still works in Illustrator)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helvetica Neue should be a font included in macOS.

It's listed here for photoshop 2023 (ps ver 24.1.1) running on macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Do you use any Font Manager software like Extensis?

What version of photoshop and macOS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PS 24.1.1 - I use Font Explorer X Pro. Ventura 13.0.1

When you say included, does that mean you go to the chainlink and you can find it there? Last time I asked someone from Adobe passed a link along to got to fontbook or something where you could get the entire face for nearly $2500. Right now it's still loading in Illustrator 2023 - with a warning - but it works. I make it into a smart object and drag it across. LOL, it feels like I'm work in a type setting shop from the 80s!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These typefaces are listed in the "installed or downloadable" section from Apple support for macOS Ventura. They will not work on Windows computers as they are not cross platform.

janee_0-1677198725797.png

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213266

"Installed or downloadable fonts

"Most of these fonts are installed and enabled automatically. Others in this list can be downloaded using Font Book, which is in your Applications folder. Fonts that can be downloaded appear dimmed in Font Book."

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines