• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide Camera Raw Settings in Jpeg Metadata

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Jpeg file I am sending out and I do not want the Camera Raw settings to be visible in the meta data.  How do I erase or block this information in the metadata?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are asking.

If you make edits in ACR to a JPG file those edits are only visible in ACR or LR. If you Save the JPG in ACR it creates either a New file or overwrites the original and with either the edits are Burnt Into the new file or the overwritten file. No ACR edits will be available to be changed.

If you send the original file, With Out saving as a new file or overwriting the original, then the edits will be visible (be able to be changed) but only with ACR or LR.

So what exactly are you looking to do?

If you send out the original file that you have used ACR to edit but not saved as a new file or overwritten the original file then if the person you are sending it to opens it with a photo viewing program all they will see is thew original image, IE NO Edits will be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to save it with camera settings removed. Save for Web has a drop down to select what metadata to save with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose the appropriate setting in the Save For Web dialog.

Screenshot 2019-02-25 13.50.06.png

However, Im not sure where you are seeing the camera Raw data.

In this example I created 2 jpg files from a single tiff. Saved one with All Metadata (All) and the the other with No Metadata (None)

The resulting files showed no <CRS> tags for Camera Raw settings. Unlike the original tiff which contained them all.

Screenshot 2019-02-25 14.08.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't confuse the File Info "Raw Data" section with camera raw data. It is not the same thing - it is just a different (XMP) representation of the Photoshop metadata

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hence the statement: "However, Im not sure where you are seeing the camera Raw data." Because the JPGs don't show that info whereas the Tiff files do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I should have made it clear - my comment was aimed at the original poster , not at you D.A.R.  I think we posted around the same time.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Photoshop > File > Export > Export As > JPG.  Under Metadata, select None  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Jpeg file I am sending out and I do not want the Camera Raw settings to be visible in the meta data.  How do I erase or block this information in the metadata?

In order to remove the CRS metadata in a JPEG without opening (decompressing) and re-saving (recompressing) the image data, you could use one of the following two methods:

ExifTool CLI code:

Mac OS:

exiftool -XMP-crs:all= 'os-path/to/file/or folder'

Win OS:

exiftool -XMP-crs:all= "os-path\to\file\or folder"

Bridge Script:

// https://forums.adobe.com/message/9758205#9758205
#target bridge
if( BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge" ) {
remCRS = new MenuElement("command", "Remove Camera Raw Metadata",  "at the end of Tools");
}
remCRS.onSelect = function () {
if (ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript == undefined) ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject("lib:AdobeXMPScript");
var sels = app.document.selections;
for (var a in sels){
var thumb = new  Thumbnail(app.document.selections[a]);
var md = thumb.synchronousMetadata;
var xmp = new XMPMeta(md.serialize());
        if(thumb.hasMetadata){
         XMPUtils.removeProperties(xmp, XMPConst.NS_CAMERA_RAW, "", XMPConst.REMOVE_ALL_PROPERTIES);
        var updatedPacket = xmp.serialize(XMPConst.SERIALIZE_OMIT_PACKET_WRAPPER | XMPConst.SERIALIZE_USE_COMPACT_FORMAT);
        thumb.metadata = new Metadata(updatedPacket);
        }
    }
};

Prepression: Downloading and Installing Adobe Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A Photoshop batch script for JPG/TIF/PSD:

// https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2584026

#target photoshop;

var inputFolder = Folder.selectDialog("Please select folder to process");

if (inputFolder != null) {

var fileList = inputFolder.getFiles(/\.(jpg|jpeg|tif|tiff|psd)$/i);

for (var a in fileList) {
        removeCRS(fileList[a]);
    }

}

function removeCRS(selectedFile) {

if (ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript == undefined) ExternalObject.AdobeXMPScript = new ExternalObject("lib:AdobeXMPScript");

var xmpFile = new XMPFile(selectedFile.fsName, XMPConst.FILE_UNKNOWN, XMPConst.OPEN_FOR_UPDATE | XMPConst.OPEN_USE_SMART_HANDLER);

var xmp = xmpFile.getXMP();

XMPUtils.removeProperties(xmp, XMPConst.NS_CAMERA_RAW, "", XMPConst.REMOVE_ALL_PROPERTIES);

if (xmpFile.canPutXMP(xmp)) {

xmpFile.putXMP(xmp);

xmpFile.closeFile(XMPConst.CLOSE_UPDATE_SAFELY);

}

};

And a Photoshop script to remove CRS metadata from an open doc:

// Remove Camera Raw Settings CRS Metadata from Open Doc.jsx

#target photoshop

removeCRS();

function removeCRS() {
    if (!documents.length) return;
    var xmp = new XMPMeta(activeDocument.xmpMetadata.rawData);
    XMPUtils.removeProperties(xmp,XMPConst.NS_CAMERA_RAW, "", XMPConst.REMOVE_ALL_PROPERTIES);
    app.activeDocument.xmpMetadata.rawData = xmp.serialize();
} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines