Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide crosshairs cursor

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In CS5, is there a way to hide the cursor/ crosshairs while drawing? Since I'm working on a Cintiq I don't need visual reference of where my cursor is - it's where my pen is - and it actually annoys me to have this crosshair cursor in the way of what I'm doing. Ofcourse it's no problem to have a cursor for selecting tools or menus - it's only while drawing that it would be preferable to have a clean working area under the pentip.

thanks for any help,

Jasper

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, if you press on CAPS LOCK, the crosshair will be replaced by a cursor of the size of your brush tip (unless it is very small, or too big to fit on the visible part of the image.)

In preferences>displays and cursors, you can change additional settings about your brush tip, but there is no way that I know of to make it disappear altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The crosshairs are very distracting when trying to do detailed work. I switched to Painter years ago because it has a 1 Pixel Cursor. I've been poking around in Ps's files to try to find the cursor images but so far have not had any luck.

If anyone has a solution to this, I'd love to know it!

I wish I could just toggle off the crosshairs. They just aren't needed for Cintiqs and pen-on-screen tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have show cross hair checked in the preferences for Cursors?

cursorpref.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think he wants to show NO cursor at all: no crosshair, no outline at all.

That's an option that Photoshop does not currently have, but would make a good feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fully aware of the caps lock function and very familiar with all of the prefs.

Still, if you have normal brush tip selected (it shows a cursor of your actual brush shape and size) and make the brush very small, it defaults to adding crosshairs to the cursor.

The cursor I use for drawing in Painter on a Cintiq looks like this:

And the precision is amazing for accurately adding detail. It's actually a cursor I made for Painter. It's a single black pixel with a white pixel above, below and on each side.

When mousing over a light area, you see the black dot. When mousing over a dark area you see the 4 white dots. Trying to draw in Photoshop this way is dizzying in comparison.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lazy Nezumi plugin to the rescue! (again)

You can choose to always hide the cursor, or only when you are drawing.

Check it out here:
http://lazynezumi.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kamih wrote:

Lazy Nezumi plugin to the rescue! (again)

You can choose to always hide the cursor, or only when you are drawing.

Check it out here:

That was a new one for me, but it looks useful, and only US$14 for 'Hobbyist' license.  Has anyone else had experience with it?

[EDIT]  Your link wouldn't work for me for some reason.  Try this one

http://lazynezumi.com/

Ahhh...  I can see you had trouble with the forum's hyperlink feature.  It can be a PITA at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was reading this thread while looking for a way to record live line drawing in Photoshop without seeing the cursor.

While Lazynezumi is cool, it's unfortunately not for OSX.

I found this little preference pane:  http://doomlaser.com/cursorcerer-hide-your-cursor-at-will/ which does the trick very neatly.  You can toggle the cursor on and off with a hotkey, and it works in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! It worked perfectly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Photoshop about an option to remove or hide the cursor and they really don't care about this issue. They told me it's nothing to do with them, the cursor is all down to the Windows operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markm12153371  wrote

I contacted Photoshop about an option to remove or hide the cursor and they really don't care about this issue. They told me it's nothing to do with them, the cursor is all down to the Windows operating system.

Hi Mark.  Can you give us details about your issue?  You shouldn't have any problem hiding the cross hair cursor, providing you are talking about the Photoshop cursors.  You might do better by starting a new thread seeing as this one is four years old.  Tell us your operating system, Photoshop version, and as much detail as you can about your issue.  What tool you get the issue with etc.

We should be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download cursorcerer and press shift + control = k it will hide the cursor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines