Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change opacity of pattern in stroke

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to change the opacity of pattern in stroke of text. (I don't want to change opacity of stroke)

Screenshot 2021-11-26 070126.png

Regards, Daniel

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution is to resave pattern with lowered opacity. How to do that? Determine pattern dimensions by hovering mouse over it. Create new document at pattern dimensions and apply pattern. Lower opacity then save pattern. Use newly saved pattern.

pattern dimensions.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting to make the white areas of the pattern transparent (show the layer below)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, set the Blending mode of the pattern to Multiply, then reduce the Fill of the layer in the Layers panel (do not reduce its Opacity, unless you want to affect also the opacity of the layer styles)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possibility is to use Create Layers 

Right click the stroke and choose Create Layer

This will turn the layer styles into separate layers that you can manipulate individually.  The big disadvantage with this approach is that it is destructive.  You can no longer edit the layer style as in you can't go back.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to explain again. I am trying to change opacity of pattern. There's opacity in structure options but not in pattern.

I don't want to opacity whole stroke, only the pattern.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 070126 (2).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you are using pattern as stroke then stroke itself is pattern and vice versa, isn't it? Or I am understanding wrong what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if I change opacity of stroke then it changes the transarency of whole stroke and I want to change transparency of pattern that in stroke only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at my previous answer, there isn't such feature in Stroke tab to reduce opacity of pattern which will be used as stroke fill. You can also add fetaure request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, if you select pattern as the fill for your stroke, the pattern will be your stroke, lowering the opacity will lower the opacity of the pattern-filled stroke. What content exactly do you expect to see "through" the lower opacity pattern? another stroke?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines