• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the photoshop plugin path ?

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Guys !

I already know that I need to put the third plugins in the Path “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins” , and it worked for me !

But ,i want to change the ps plugin path , like “D:\_Reed_Works\ps\Plug-ins” .. How can I set or change or append the new plugin path , let photoshop know my new plugin path ?

maybe ,ps have no packages like  env.PATH.append(“D:\_Reed_Works\ps\Plug-ins”) ?

Thanks !

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make shortcut to other folder and put it in Plug-ins, but it might not work (although works for Presets folder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I already know that I need to put the third plugins in the Path “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins”

Plug ins should be placed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC  rather than the version specific folder that you mention. That way they don't have to be moved or re-installed when there is a major version update to Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your path is also great ,i have create symbolic link to this path ! and thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the other name of 'shortcut' I suggested to make but didn't try myself. Does it work indeed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, symbolic links are handled at the operating system kernel level and are transparent to applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be nice Photoshop could see just loaded scripts to Presets without relaunching app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that this is not possible now, since Photoshop, when loading scripts, reads their headers in search of event identifiers that can later be used to call them.

As a workaround, I use empty script file, the content of which I completely change. This allows me to access it from the menu without having to restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same for workspaces. I had one which I filled with different content, then reloaded 😉

It's different in Bridge. This application sees new Workspaces any time you load them into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Job !

This is not the  package env as I thought !but it can also work !

thanks guys! cheers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if shortcut / symbolic link solutions worked, and mark correct answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course , ths bro !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines