• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I enlarge tool icons in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to increase the size of the menu names and tool icons so I can see them. The standard download size is much too small for my eyes. Can this be done?

ps. I work on a 17" laptop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5.  The interface is set to large but the tools are only 1/4" high!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend to use large or medium font size from preferences->general

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work, they are still about 1/4 inch high and impossible to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Photoshop Preferences/Interface you can set the UI scale to Automatic/ 100%/200%. Try one of those and check. Second option: when you've Photoshop CC use the search function instead of the icons, just press Ctrl/Cmd + F and type down the tool you need, it will be activated.UI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS 5 and the tools are sooo teeny tiny I can't read them!

Is there hope for this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's insane that Adobe makes it so hard for people with poor eyesight can't use their interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a user knows they have poor eyesight, then they sould surely plan accordingly and use suitable hardware.  That means a decent sized screen with appropriate pixel density.  As for CS5, that is 13 years old now and well past the time you'd expect ongoing support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a useless answer. I'm still using CS4 and it does what I need. I too need the UI bigger. Just wait, you'll one day not have the eyesite you have today. No problem, just spend your money on a bigger monitor and new software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using CS4 and it does what I need.

By @default97k65vszovpl

Actually it doesn't, that's precisely why you're here, right-?

This is why new versions are made, so that they can catch up with a changing environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have both and these menus and icons are still TOO TOO TINY! Reminds me of what happened the last time I tried to read a Samsung TV manual. You would think this wouldn't still be an issue after all these years of this old ass thread. Smh.

Create the world you love!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an acceptable answer. I have been dealing with this problem for ages and there does not seem to be an answer.  I'm using a high res desk monitor and in all my Adobe products both icons and menu text is very small - see attachment - on screen, it is measuring around 8 pt. I cannot be the only one with a high res monitor encountering this issue and I've tried all the suggested solutions. Yes, my eyeglasses are up to date but I feel this is something Adobe needs to find a solution to, as users have been commenting on this for so many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newer versions of Photoshop automatically pick up the UI scaling set in Windows.

In other words, the scaling is exactly the same as in Windows and all native Windows applications, and all other applications that support high res displays.

If you're using an old Photoshop version, pre 2015 or so, support for these displays were limited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Adobe CC, just reinstalled latest photoshop; working on a Lenovo Thinkvision 27" monitor. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system does your computer have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS 5 and I changed the UI interface to high, but it didn't do much at all.  I would think Adobe would help to keep us using and enjoying their product, because the inability to SEE IT makes us consider the other options!  After all, we ARE VISUAL PEOPLE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is ten years old. It had no support for UI scaling, because high resolution screens that required it, did not exist at that time.

UI scaling support was added as those screens started to hit the market. Photoshop has supported it ever since. But you are ten years behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  you are on a Mac, you can turn on your Accessibility Zoom settings and zoom in to a level that's comfortable for you. Look under your System Preferences for Accessability, and turn on Zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer's operating system windows 10 or......?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got  the same  problem. PH version:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 10.0 (10.0x20070321 [20070321.m.1480 16:39:00 cutoff; m branch])
Operating System: Windows NT
Version: 6.2
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3598 MHz
Built-in memory: 16325 MB
Free memory: 9667 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 3255 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 80 %
Graphic card Nvidiav. 432.00 GeForce RTX 2080

---------

My problem started when I  change to a new  LG "55" OLED smart TV. Calibrated.

I use a Samsung 27" monitor (sidescreen )for Photoshop and the  new big 55 OLED TV for Word, Work and Games.

Now on the 27 " PH tool menu icons are thinny, small and very hard to see.. I want to enlarge the tool menu  ? is this possible ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I just got Creative Cloud with PS 2020, I'm using a just-updated version of Windows 10 on an HP Envy 14. Bloody Hell, Adobe - are you trying to make us go blind? I've tried increasing the size of the tool icons by using preferences > interface > font size large, and it does nothing at all. I've tried changing the settings in Properties, as suggested in various places - also nothing. I've restarted PS and rebooted my laptop - nothing, nada, zilch.

Does someone from Adobe have a fix that actually works, or am I going to have to get a different company's photo editing software? As it stands, my brand new verseion of PS 2020 is completely useless to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This one solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines