• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I find out if the Activation Key I have is valid For Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated in the Subject line, How can I go about finding out if the Activation Key that I have is valid, I ask this because a Coworker that I worked with years ago had given me a couple of CD's with apps / programs on them back in late 2011 and mid 2012 or thereabouts. I have been doing some house cleaning sort of on my PC that has been updated some since then. And in my attempt to get all my files sorted out and not have them scattered about the multiple HDD's, I found a single file that is about 75 Mb and a text file with an Activation Key and that is it.

----

I have never ever used Adobe products other than Flash player and shock-wave player and these are free or must have installs with other programs and or browser plugins. Any graphics programs I used were either free or I bought Xara programs and most recently now that they are owned by magix I purchased a few updated ones just as they were going through the transition.

----

So now that I have PS CS6, never installed, I figured I would give it a try, But I do not want to install it only to find out that it is not a Valid Activation Key, do I need to call on the phone or can I ?.

Sincerely

Andre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

This is a user forum you would need to contact Adobe Customer support Chat or Phone they can check their databases.  From what you have written I do not think you ever had a valid serial of your own.....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have activate CS6 your Perpetual CS6 in the past the Activation process should have registered your CS6 product to your account on Adobe.com.  Goto Adobe.com and sign in and manage you account and look at Plans and My Products the produce that are registered to you account. CS6 Should be in there with your serial number.  CS6 is version 13.0 which updates to 13.0.1.2 Windows, 13.0.6 Mac and 13.1.2 Creative cloud. You can download the installer from Adobe Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications If the serial you have is valid  when you install CS6  Activation should work.  If the serial you have is for an upgrade from CS5 you will also need your CS5 serial number

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did look before posting my OP, and there are ZERO products there.

The only Adobe product I have installed with a Activation Key is "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro" I bought it off amazon.

I NEVER used or Installed any Adobe Graphics program, as I stated in my OP.

I did not Even know or remember the install program was on PC, again NEVER INSTALLED.

While I thank you for the reply, this does not help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it your coworkers CS6  you can have him transfer his licence to you through Adobe Transfer an Adobe product license

He can not simply give you his Photoshop.  If they have activatec CS6 even if you have their valid serial You will no be able  activate CS6  till they deactivates their machines.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that is the problem, I no longer work there or with that coworker, nor do I know where he is, it's been a long time.

I did look before posting my OP, and there are ZERO products there.

The only Adobe product I have installed with a Activation Key is "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro" I bought it off amazon.

I NEVER used or Installed any Adobe Graphics program, as I stated in my OP.

I did not Even know or remember the install program was on PC, again NEVER INSTALLED.

While I thank you for the reply, this does not help me, also I do not have CS5.

Also I really don't want to take the chance of trying to activate an invalid key, without knowing it is or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the product was never transfered to you so you do not have a  valid serial of your own.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically no I do not, and after looking at the link on how to transfer a valid serial, I have no clue if it was or not as it is outlined on that link. As I stated it's been many years, and it was given to me on a CD, I have updated my PC some years ago, and now I'm ready to move on to a new PC again.

Again is there a way to find out if the serial I have is valid and or registered to someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum you would need to contact Adobe Customer support Chat or Phone they can check their databases.  From what you have written I do not think you ever had a valid serial of your own.....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again I thank you trying to assist me.

But...

I never installed it.

I never used it.

I never used any Adobe Graphics Program as stated in my OP.

The only Adobe program I use is "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro" I bought it on amazon.

While cleaning up this old PC and backing up files.

As stated in my OP I found an Adobe Photoshop CS6 file with a Serial Key.

Okay so I can call Adobe, Where can I find the phone number please. It looks like Chat only, Can't find a Phone Number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you never stated in your original post that you had a serial. You said you had an activation key.

If you are offered chat, use it. But they may well confirm that since the license was not officially transferred to you, it isn’t yours, no matter how often you explain you can’t contact the person who gave it to you. Good luck, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand between this thread and Adobe support chat, Current or all adobe products need a serial # and an activation key

And I understand that it is not registered in my name, unless a transfer was done.

I do appreciate the replies and trying to assist, I really do. I thought that I had made my issue clear in my OP.  

"I found a single file that is about 75 Mb and a text file with an Activation Key and that is it."

But after reading through my post's I stated Serial key rather than activation key, that is my error for mistaking the Serial Key for the activation key.

As for what the coworker did with the PS CS6 file, well that is something I will not find out.

I did however get a hold of Adobe support via chat late last night and explained my issue, and they could not look up the activation key, with out a Serial #. Honestly this the first time I have ever seen or heard of a Program that requires a Serial # and an activation key, upon install to properly register in the owners name.

I have bought in the past and most recently Photo & Graphics programs from other other companies and all I was given in a PDF file after purchase was a activation key / License Key and that is it. Even with Camtasia Studio after purchase I was only given

----------

Order Details

------------------------------------------------------------

Key:  5VSMZ___________________________

And that Is why I posted here to figure out what to do and or how considering my issue.

Even when Bought Adobe Acrobat Pro XI Boxed New From Amazon, all I had to enter was the Serial # that is on the box that contains the CD. And this is what kind of had me a bit perplexed, I did not think of having a Serial # and an activation key.

I figured that I could get things sorted out with the activation key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Short the file I have is basically a junk file and there is not much else that I can do, with it or about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines