Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i? GCR-Separation with custom six-color-profile for RISOGRAPHY

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i own a risograph, very old, very analog. I can print five spot colors (red, blue, yellow, green and brown) and black. But its not connected to a computer. Instead I have to print each color separated, one at a time by feeding my scanning unit with greyscaled originals. So heres what i want to do:

I want to separate the colors of an image into multichannel with GCR, each channel representing my spot colors, so feed the RISO. I can look up the Pantone or RGB codes of my riso colors, but i cant use them, because the option multichannel is greyed out in the "Convert to profile" dialogue. I can just use CMYK > Own CMYK > Custom colors and change them. (Screenshot) So i end up with four colors.

What do i do wrong? Or ist this even thought wrong?

Screenshot 2018-11-27 19.53.14.png

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multichannel profiles are created by commercial ICC profile creation software. I am guessing that you don’t have a budget that extends into thousands of dollars for such software for this hobby…

Can you post a scan or photo of an original colour image that contains a full range of colour and tone, with a version that has been successfully separated and output on the risograph?

https://medium.com/@geraldpkelley/my-adventure-in-risograph-printing-d717db2c0936

Exploriso: Using MultiColor Profiles for the Risograph | duplo.press

https://colorlibrary.ch/how-to-install/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean there is no option to "make" an own 6-C-profile in photoshop? Or that it does not make any sense to do it without spectrometer and other software?

I know that ICC profiles for "real" color management is cost expensive. And i dont hope to get a perfect and stable printing process matching all colors. I just want to understand what it does and see what i can do.

I know DuploPress and Colorlibrary. Explorisos webshop for profiles does not work and he did not reply. And colorlibrary does not offer a profile for those colors. I dont have pink for false cmyk. So i thought i could set up a multichannel and try some settings to fit the colors and machine i use.

I will upload a scan and an original when i have it. If it had been successfull, maybe i would not write this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever come up with a solution to this? I have been playing around with the custom colors cmyk conversion but it keeps crashing my photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines