• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i learn photoshop tools in ubuntu?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using ubuntu software and i want to learn photoshop tools, but i can not install in ubuntu because it is valid for only microsoft windows and macOs. So, my question is how i can learn photoshop tools without installing another operating system (that is microsoft windows).

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Look up Wine for Linux\Ubuntu, you may be able to run Photoshop with that, you will need a valid Adobe subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need either a Mac or Windows PC that meets the minimum requirements. On Ubuntu Linux, you can always use GIMP if you need an image editor. I don't think Photoshop runs on WINE anymore.

If you have a powerful enough computer, you could try running Windows on VirtualBox or another emulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't have their applications for Linux. You can try to run Photoshop through Wine but it's probably going to be an old version of Photoshop with limited support. You can see the state of support for different versions of Photoshop on Wine website:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ubuntu/Linux is brilliant! Why don't you use GIMP? 😉

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines