• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make PS show paper printer profiles only?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PS paper printer dialog dropdown menu includes about a dozen paper profiles, but it also includes more than 100 profiles that I don’t need, such as display (monitor) profiles. As a result, my dropdown menu has nearly 150 unnecessary profiles. LR print dialog has a “Include  Display Profiles” checkbox to avoid displaying unwanted profiles, I don’t see a similar option in PS.

How can I make PS show paper printer profiles only?

Thanks,

Rich

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK the only option is to remove/uninstall the unwanted profiles. I wouldn't delete them, just move them to an "uninstalled" folder.

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

Macintosh HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Macintosh HD/Users/<username>/Library/ColorSync/Profiles 

Adobe also has its own locations:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/working-with-color-profiles.html

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Stephen wrote, you'd have to delete profiles you REALLY don't need. 

Profiles in Photoshops "recommended" folder do appear listed higher up, maybe that would ease your frustration? 

It's here on a Mac:

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 19.52.23.jpg

 I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to all that replied. I understand the solutions being proposed, but I am surprised PS does not have the option LR has, specificaly a “Include  Display Profiles” checkbox to avoid displaying non-printer profiles. I was hoping PS had that option and I missed it, but apparently not. The very fact that LR has the option, tells me Adobe is aware of the issue and solved it in LR, but not PS.

thanks again,

Rich Parry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Find said profiles, trash them or zip them. Then they don't show up anymore. Unzip if you change your mind being an option. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines