• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I prevent Creative Cloud Files from Auto Saving?

Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent several hours working on isolating a part of a picture that was really complicated. I saved the original to Creative Cloud against my better judgment before I isolated the piece that I needed. When done, I saved the document with '-isolated' in the title. Which seemed to work fine except that I didn't realize it had already overwritten the source file.

Next, I selected just the isolated material and cropped my image. When I saved it as "-cropped", I noticed that the icon for the source and isolated versions had changed. I figured, "no problem, surely they saved the history for those files with the file and I can just undo the cropping to get back to the isolated version."

So I loaded the -isolated version and to my chagrin could not undo or revert.

Please tell me there is a way to turn off this ridiculous auto-save feature that I never asked for. I will decide for myself when I want to save. How is it that Adobe thinks they know better than me when I want to save and why don't they at least save the history with the files so you can undo changes?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jason Burnett wrote:

Please tell me there is a way to turn off this ridiculous auto-save feature that I never asked for.

You can't turn off auto-save for cloud documents (psdc).

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/cloud-documents-faq.html

You have two options:

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMHO that's one of the dumbest design choices ever, and another reason why I will never use cloud documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines