• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I put 100 photos into a grid layout for a post

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I put 100 photos into a grid type layout for the purposes of a poster Please help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Automate>Contact Sheet II? You can designate the document size and number of columns/rows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, where do I find this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/contact-sheet-pdf-presentation-cs6.html

Design Web Louisville
https://designweblouisville.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under File>Automate>Contact Sheet II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are comfortable working in InDesign, there is a quick clean way to do this. You could then import the grid to Photoshop after editing it to the look you prefer. 

Here is some context to the process in InDesign. 
"Choose File > Place (or Command-D) and then choose more than one image, by Shift-clicking to select images in a  sequence, or Command-clicking non-contiguous images. Press Open, and you’ll be back in your InDesign document with multiple images loaded in your cursor." 
Link: https://www.macprovideo.com/article/indesign/indesign-using-grids#:~:text=To%20throw%20a,button%20he...!

Design Web Louisville
https://designweblouisville.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email. No, I’ve never used that before. Very much a
beginner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has a frame tool. You can layout your poster with the frames and then drop in the pics. I haven't used the frame tool much. I agree with DWLocal - Indesign is the way to go - fast and easy if you have access to it. The technique in InDesign is called gridify - you'll find lots of tutorials if you search for it. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I’m a beginner so all sounds rather tricky!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a beginner, it's all a little tricky. If you have all apps in Creative Cloud then you have InDesign. If you only have Photoshop, it's not that tricky, it's just time consuming. I suggest you learn about using the move tool and making transofrmations and cropping. You should crop all of your images first. Create your poster and then add all of the cropped images to it. Align them using the move tool. You can search for all of these things from within Photoshop itself. There is a little magnifying glass in upper right of the screen. Once your are comfortable you can search for how to make a grid of pics in Photoshop. It takes time, it's a complicated app. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines