• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save a very large file as a PDF?

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find a straight answer to this anywhere.

I am designing a banner, and the people I'm making it for want a high res image saved as a pdf. However, with a blank canvas, at 32" x 180" I cannot get a resolution higher than 150 to save as a pdf, which isn't good enough.

How can I get around this? Ideally I'd like 300 resolution at least.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

With something like a poster, which is viewed from a distance (unlike an image in say a magazine that's viewed close up), you don't need such a high resolution as 300PPI, 100PPI would probably be fine.

Create your artwork in RGB color mode and export it as PDF/X-4, ticking Use Document Bleed Settings, unless your printer gives you a different spec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With something like a poster, which is viewed from a distance (unlike an image in say a magazine that's viewed close up), you don't need such a high resolution as 300PPI, 100PPI would probably be fine.

Create your artwork in RGB color mode and export it as PDF/X-4, ticking Use Document Bleed Settings, unless your printer gives you a different spec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply I'll do that then, however I have been told to save it as CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that's what your printers wants it's probably best to supply the artwork like that, but they are out-of-date in their workflow practice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines