• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add fonts in Adobe Photoshop CC? Im really confused...

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I keep Looking around on the internet to figure out how do I add fonts but I can't seem to find a solution to my problem, can anyone help me??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean Typekit fonts?

Which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a CC subscription, you can start by choosing Type > Add Fonts from Typekit.

Screenshot 2018-04-15 12.47.48.png

You can sync up to 100 fonts with the basic subscription.

If you don't have a CC subscription, you can add fonts using your operating system commands and Photoshop will recognize them.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to add fonts to your system? Because that’s all you have to do. No special instructions are needed for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I owned 100's of fonts before Typekit, and my fonts are not in this new closed system, I want to use the same fonts I have been using for 20 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they're in typekit, you can easily sync them when you login cc. If they're TrueType Fonts, all you have to do is throw them all in windows font folder. I'm not sure about Apple computers. I suppose you can right click, there should be some kind of "install" in its menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you had fonts on an old computer? Just copy them to the new. Typekit doesn’t stop you using fonts that you owned before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, this might help you. Find your file, double-click on it, double-click again on the tff font and it should pop up asking you to add the font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For once a question I can answer   -- I'm running high Sierra, cc2018 and added a .otf  font I got from internet font site:

Close photoshop;  Go to applications on your mac and open the 'font book' program  -  click the + sign to add and then browse for the font file in the window that pops open; (I loaded en-mass the individual fonts, not a folder of fonts )-  relaunch ps and font should now show up when you are messing with the text section  ..... watch this : How to: Add New Fonts In Mac OS High Sierra 2018 - YouTube 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your topics are useful as always, thanks for sharing information for beginners and experienced photographers!

Check out the easiest way of adding fonts to Photoshop in 3 clicks on Mac and Windows

http://fixthephoto.com/how-to-add-fonts-to-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines