Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i deblur a license plate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Are any of these examples from a video, or are they all just still clips? there is a technique called "Drizzle" that can increase the resolution of some images from frames with multiple exposures. It involves enlarging the original image several times, then putting them into a smart object and using mean to blend them together. It's mainly use for astro-photography, but I know a forensic photographer that uses this also.

http://www.stark-labs.com/craig/resources/Articles-&-Reviews/Drizzle_API.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

It's extremeley difficult to reverse a blur, expecially one that intentionally hides something like a license plate.

Most tutorials that I found online deal with sharpening slightly blurred photos using the smart sharpen filter, which you can access by going to Filter > Sharpen > Smart Sharpen. When I tried using this method on an extremely blurred photo, I got very sub-par results. It might be worth a try, but not necessarily a perfect solution.

Sharpen.jpg

Your issue is probably better suited for the general Photoshop forum. The folks over there have many years of experience with Photoshop and may have a solution for you. You can find the forum here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys for the response, i'm sorry i described it wrong. The license plate isn't completly blurred out, the car was in motion. The reason i'm try to find out this license plate number, the vehicle hit my car and then took off. An individaul say it happen and took a picture of the car. Any help will be helpful. thanks again

Message was edited by: PECourtejoie (email autoquote removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post that picture here? One of us may be able to help you 'de-blur' the image depending on how bad the blur is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do  I post a picture on here?

Message autoquote was removed by: PECourtejoie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the little camera icon on the top of the text formatting in reply section to post your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Rjdz711, you will find instructions on how to post images on this page: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2324

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can any one help with this white car I would apreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no image posted.  Make sure you are using a computer with a browser, not a phone or email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it may be possible to recover very little data back by working with a picture that has already been blurred, it may sometimes prove to be a redundant effort.

When you blur an image that is raster (JPG or similar), you intentionally remove the data from that area of the picture. Remember, JPG is a lossy file format - unless you're in an advanced setup where you have a version tracking application to keep copies of your files historically.

Photoshop or any image processing software for that matter works with data that is available to it on canvas. In your case, with a picture that has a blur applied to an area within it, Photoshop cannot process the area to bring back the pixels that were 'blurred' earlier.

Smart Sharpen can remove blur - but it depends on the amount of blur that was originally applied to the picture. Photoshop developers are yet to build AI into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me out as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your picture didn't upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2012 Sep 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys, I had to sign in to reply. Here is the picture which I'm trying to get the license plate number. Downloads_Downloads_IMG951093.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I don't see any motion blur, just insufficient resolution. Is this the full size image that's been sent to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about this one. I am working with law enforcement to ID this plate.Playero-CRV.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best I could do... just not enough info in the photo. Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those will be tough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ch4 20151119100700 1280 X 720 25 2 - YouTube

ch3 20151119100659 1280 X 720 25 2 - YouTube

Please help me to find the thieves who stole my  laptops. this is a CCTV footage which i got from near by place. Here I found two thieves came in this red Hunk bike. But in this medium quality footage, bike's number is not visible. Someone who knows how to clear it, please help me.

Regards,

Navneet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20161013-174008_1476503761512.jpg Can you help me with this

phone was stolen bye man in that car

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not high enough resolution to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Would you be able to do anything with these pictures The vehicle in the road brown/black

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys, I saw this topic and I have been trying to uncover a Liscense plate tag as well. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated. I understand if you can't because this picture is in terrible qualityCH 4-2015-09-09-12-17-57.avi_snapshot_00.33_[2015.09.15_14.04.51].jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem - I would love to be able to read a CCTV image of a license plate (of a car that ran into my bike), but have not been able to do it - can any one out there help (photo uploaded)ute exiting copy.jpg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines