• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I make the background transparent in my logo

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make the background transparent in my logo?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with a Transparent document background. 

File > New > Background Contents:  Transparent

A transparent background is denoted by a checkerboard pattern instead of a solid color.

When you're finished editing your image go to File > Export As or Legacy Save for Web as a PNG file with transparency.  See screenshot.

Twitter-Icon-Saved.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no transparent option when I created a new file. Only White, Black or Background Color. What'd I do wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try something else, do you see a layer labeled Background in your layers panel (it might be locked)? If so, hide or delete that layer and you should see the transparent (checkerboard) background.

Then you should be able to finish the instructions to export it to a PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline, my earlier comment was if you were using CS6. If you are using CC2107, you have to click on Advanced Options (it is below the Background Color area). to make your background transparent.

Once you click that you will have the option to make your background transparent, as Nancy stated earlier. Then you can follow her other instructions to export your image.

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 11.42.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Nancy.

Additional question...Is this a logo that is already created that you are bringing into Photoshop, but you want the background to be transparent once it's placed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines